Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What ground anchor for ones garage ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Ones for big gold rated chains, to be installed into concrete floor- recomendations please.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve got a kryptonite used with an abus granite chain and lock.

z1ppy
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I wouldnt spend much to be honest.

It will either be a local scrote who will be doing the opportunistic looking for anything thats not locked up, or some one tooled up who will get through your lock, or just cut your bike in half.

br
    Free Member

Oxford in mine

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&cp=12&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=oxford+ground+anchor&rls=ig&rlz=1R2ACAW_enGB373&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1290&bih=656&wrapid=tljp1325844845942016&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7053675195437709974&sa=X&ei=bMkGT-H7JsWx8QPSoOSnAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CIEBEPICMAQ#

Only downside was the need to buy a couple of hardened drill bits as I didn’t have the size required – probably the same for all ground anchors, but they ain’t cheap.

scruff
    Free Member

A few seem to come with drill bits and fixings, others do not.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

+1 torc.

Got 3 in my garage.

Taff
    Free Member
    smurf
    Free Member

Torc.

I know the couple that run the business and they are lovely people and _really_ care about making and selling the best kit possible.

They’ve won lots of awards and have worked with all sorts of experts to design their stuff.

Recommended to the house.

Simon

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

torc here, very good instructions and easy to fit. Great quality and quick delivery as well.
    Richard

snakebite
    Free Member

I’ve got yo a biggerer one of rewski’s up there |

scruff
    Free Member

sweet m8

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Another vote for Torc, although luckily mine’s never really been tested!

I wouldnt spend much to be honest.

It will either be a local scrote who will be doing the opportunistic looking for anything thats not locked up, or some one tooled up who will get through your lock, or just cut your bike in half.

Insurance might require it though, so at least Gold secure is worth investing in IMO.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What ground anchor for ones garage ?’ is closed to new replies.