Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What GPS?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Its probably been covered a lot of times before, just want to have an updated choices for newer models.

I don’t know much about MTB trail GPS as most if not all in youtube are about roadbike example or demo videos.

I am planning in the summer to ride the peak district as i have never been there. So what GPS is good ..for downloading routes from other riders and show me the trail map turn by turn.. A video link to a GPS how it looks like the map when riding in the trails is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

ThePinkster

I love my Satmap and would love to try the new Satmap 12.

There are a couple of vids on using route software for it here using Satmaps own route planning software but uploading & using normal .gpx files is really easy too.

It’s not cheap but is very rugged and I prefer having the buttons rather than a touch screen as there is less to damage and it’s really easy to use in crap weather with gloves on.

Having replacement screen covers is also very useful. Trust me, I speak from experience.

ThePinkster

There’s an interesting video review here too. It’s walking rather than mtbing And doesn’t show the direction pointer you can also use to show you the direction but it gives you a good idea of the functionality.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I am hoping someone would mention the garmin800 as i am eyeing on it, but cannot see video the functionality how the map works and how to follow on MTB trail… Youtube shows all roadies.

That satnap looks interesting, cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What GPS?’ is closed to new replies.