Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Genesis road frame have I seen?
  • OrangeEvo
    Free Member

I've been down to my LBS at lunchtime and whilst lusting after the precious things within, I was informed that they had purchased a "job lot" of Genesis road frames – the intention being to built them up into complete bikes to sell from the shop.

Because they'd bought 130 (yes 130) of them, they were selling the frame and carbon fork for a very reasonable £200.

However, I can't find any Genesis frame which looked like the one I saw. It was an aluminium frame in a sort of brushed/polished steel/aluminium effect – almost bare-titanium in appearance. Any ideas which specific model it was?

Looked the d's b's for the price…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Who is the LBS?

racefaceec90

.if you looked at the frame and were happy with it,get it i'd say. 🙂

james-o
    Free Member

It may be an 07 Day Three frame, carbon rear end?

James / Genesis

bent_udder
    Free Member

Sounds very interesting – what's the shop?

OrangeEvo
    Free Member

I think it's a day xx something. All Aluminium, carbon forks. Looking around (via Google) I think it must be a Day 05 – this is the only silver effect road frame I can find from Genesis.

LBS is Henry Burton – Stafford. A shop I have mixed feelings about – their stuff isn't cheap but their workshop is top notch and pretty much all they sell is custom-builds from frames and components bought on-mass. What they produce is rarely the latest state of the art "in-fashion" bikes, but they're expertly built (especially the hand-built wheels) and good quality.

I'll go in at the weekend and have a closer look – must be written on the frame somewhere…

Thanks for the replies

Mister-P
    Free Member

Day 05 had the model name down the seatstays. I had one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Genesis road frame have I seen?’ is closed to new replies.