Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What fast rolling tubeless tyre for HONC…
  • Kryton57

…that’s not a racing Ralph, I fancy something else on the rear.

Bonty xr2
    Geax saguaro
    Wtb nano

Any comments on the above or others? What’s the specialized tyre in this category?

njee20
    Free Member

Fast Trak.

They’re heavy for a tyre with such little tread though, wouldn’t choose one over a Ralph. In S-Works guise they’re quite thin too, and thus not that durable.

Thunder Burt or Furious Fred?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Its not fashionable, but I took a shot at the michelin wildracer (because it was cheap)after cutting through the carcasses of 2/3 racing ralphs. Its a larger volume for quoted size than the Ralph and rolls ever so slightly slower than a Ralph, but its tougher and slightly grippier.

For out and out speed on smooth terrain, personally I’d stick with the Ralph, purely because it has the edge in rolling speed and is lighter.

Kryton57

I should have said, the other reason for moving away from the Ralph is my frustration with thier TLR. My non-TLR Nics/Ralphs go on well tubeless, the TLR’s are a nighmare – really hard to get up.

The Geax get’s good reviews for being tough and fast, will have a look at the Michelins….

Yak

I’m liking the saguaro as a rear. Had it on all autumn and winter. Fast, but still grippy on loose climbs. Heavier than a ralph though.

Using the standard one (not TNT) and it went up tubeless easily and has stayed up since.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got a 26″ non-TLR Fred if you want? Used about 4 times.

mrmo
    Free Member

Watch the weather forecast before making a final decision, the tracks are ok at the moment on the whole, but Cotswold dust… has to be experienced to be understood in wet weather.

My defacto default is Rocket Rons, they cope with most of the Cotswolds, not brilliant in the worst of the mud but quick enough.

Last time I bothered to do HoNC I used conti XC 1.5’s, but that was 10+ years ago. I can’t be arsed with the pre-entry needed these days.

Nobby

I like the Saguaro, a lot. TNT flavour seem bombproof and quick despite the heavy weight.

On-one had ’em cheap a while back – IIRC, they come in white too…

Kryton57

Nobby they are £13 at OO but only in white now 🙁 OO do have the Michilin Wild RacR for £13 also,

Njee, I may be interested if it stays dry…

Nobby

On the basis that my mtb is just gathering (Sahara) dust you’re quite welcome to try ’em if you want.

There’s an unused pair of snakeskin RR 2.25s in the garage you can borrow too if you want.

jameso

Saguaro std spec 2.2 are great tyres if you want fast rolling, mixed-conditions grip and TLR

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Ikon on the back and Ron on the front this year.
    Loving the Ikon.
    Fairly low rolling resistance and still grippy when needed.
    Went up easy tubeless on a Crest as well!
    Mine are the 3c light ones which are a bit fragile but tougher versions are available.
    Thanx,
    Max

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What fast rolling tubeless tyre for HONC…’ is closed to new replies.