Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What earphones to block out a bus of school children?
  • duckman

Taking 39 14-18 year olds to Germany,Poland and Belgium soon,what inner ear headphones for up to £50 😀 being comfy would also be good.

mls678
    Free Member

I had some Klipsch S4i earphones until I lost them. Great sound, range of ear cups and nice little carry case.

I’ve also heard that Soundmagic E10 earphones offer a lot of earphones for the £££

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i love my Urban Ears Plattan cans – great sound, stylish, and just in budget.

seosamh77
    Free Member

£20 sonys + the prodigy at full bung.

konabunny
    Free Member

Buy 39 pairs of fiver headphones. Give them to the kids.

Duffer
    Free Member

Taking 39 14-18 year olds to Germany,Poland and Belgium soon

I suspect you won’t have much trouble…

gonzy
    Free Member
    jon1973
    Free Member

CountZero

Shure SE215’s from Amazon, around £70, with triple flange eartips. They have the huge advantage of not only sounding absolutely brilliant, but they also have replacable cables, something you won’t find anywhere else for less than around £250.

prawny

Spend a bit more and get some Shure SE215s with the black olive tips you can’t hear anything other than the music. I quite happily walk home next to a main road listening to whatever I feel like.

leffeboy

The Shure 215s seem to be around 90 gbp at amazon :(. 81 at Thomann. Was hunting for those last night

CountZero

Hmmm, I was shure they were cheaper than that last time I looked, around £75-ish.
    I can also highly recommend MeeElectronics M6P Sport ‘phones, which are very low profile, come with triple-flange eartips, along with a whole bunch of other tips, and are generally available for around $35, RRP is $54, IIRC.
    meelec.com

CountZero

Cheapest SE215’s I’ve found, and a damn good price, TBH; they are worth paying £100 for.
    http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=22214&setcurrency=gbp&gclid=CISa9ZD82L0CFWXnwgodaxwAUw

TheBrick
    Free Member

I keep meaning to try this as looks like it should be effective coupled with a halfway decent set of head phones.

Custom Fit Earbuds

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shure SE215’s from Amazon, around £70, with triple flange eartips. They have the huge advantage of not only sounding absolutely brilliant, but they also have replacable cables, something you won’t find anywhere else for less than around £250.

My Shure 425’s were less! Brill headphones, would buy another set without hesitation if mine broke, or, I could just buy a replacement chord….

prawny

Don’t buy from simplyelectronics, I ordered a phone from them it didn’t turn up for ages, tried to cancel the order and got promised a refund over and over, luckily I’d paid on my credit card, when I called them they said they’d had to refund a lot from this company.

Lots of similar experiences on the internet.

Sui
    Free Member

Just got my Xperia Z1 from simply, thought it was good service, took about 5 days..

duckman

I like your thinking konabunny,alas the shires work out cheaper,ordered and thanks everyone.

prawny

From what I read simply electronics advertise everything as in stock, but only hold a bit. Other stuff they have to order from china direct, and their customer service is poor.

I wouldn’t use them again, but they’ve been going for years so they mustn’t be ripping everyone off 🙂

CountZero

@TheBrick, I tried doing the custom eartip thing a while back, and I found it a real phaff, just didn’t really work at all well.
    I have seen a trick using Sugru, rolling little ‘sausages’ of Sugru and putting it behind the flanges of silicon earbuds, or the triple-flange eartips, then putting them into the ear until it sets, so it forms a permanent ‘mould’ of the ear canal.
    If you want to try something whizzier with a busted pair of ‘phones, you could try this:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-In-Ear-Monitors/#step1
    I’ve got a pair of UE SuperFi 5’s with a broken cable I might try this on, although it does help that I’ve got a pair of Etymotic ER6i’s with proper custom eartips to take a mould from, but following this set of instructions ought to give a good result.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think there are some fake shures around so be careful where you get them from and for how much.

The triple flange earpeices are good at noise isolation but you cold also try some of the sennheiser phones and the comply foan earpieces, which you might be able to get for near 50 quid total.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What earphones to block out a bus of school children?’ is closed to new replies.