Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • what dropper seatpost
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

okey, im after a remote dropper seatpost, i have a 14 inch frame orange five diva bike …. what is available ..ive been looking but im struggling to find a seatpost in size 27.2mm …. been looking at the Hilo x-fusion…but that has a lever to drop the seat….and not sure if you have to buy a seperate piece of kit for this seatpost so you can have cable routing to the handlebars for the lever.. i realy need a button on the handlebars….. my son has the Reverb which he loves and..im hoping the Reverb is coming down in price..lol….. anyone else any other ideas on other dropper seatposts in size 27.2….
    thanks in advance…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

a) this is in the classifieds, b) the Reverb isn’t available in 27.2mm is it? and c) get a Gravity Dropper

elaineanne
    Free Member

christ isnt it available in 27.2……. why the hell not whats going on lo 😉
    whats available in the classifieds,DBW ??

pb2

The 2012 Spesh one is very good but unfortunately only available for fatter tubes

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

d) Gravity dropper. Slightly ugly. But it works. And works. And you dont end up fettling it like a superstar one, or a crankbrothers one, or a rockshox one.

elaineanne
    Free Member

so whats with the Reverb then…how come they dont make size 27.2mm..that just aint fair. !!!!!! whats the reason behind this..

bill65
    Free Member

I have a Fusion x hilo 27.2 and it works very well.

elaineanne
    Free Member

so what does the Hilo come with then…if its just the handle on the seat then forget it…did you have to buy a seperate kit (cable and lever to fit handlebars)

Mugboo

I recently bought a new 2012 Reverb and a well used GD.

The Reverb has needed a repair already (well two, one caused by me snapping the lever) to replace the shaft & seal.

The GD just needed a cable and will no doubt outlast the bike. Plus it will shim up to fit your new frame when you buy it 😀

khani
    Free Member

You can get a 27.2 bar remote Hilo from Here
    i got one off them and it came in three days,

bill65
    Free Member

so what does the Hilo come with then…if its just the handle on the seat then forget it…did you have to buy a seperate kit (cable and lever to fit handlebars)

It can with handle bar mount and lever under the seat.

maxtorque

The Reverb is by far the best dropper post to use, matched competely by being by far the most unreliable post in service! I LOVE mine when it works, i HATE it when it breaks (twice so far in 4 months ;-( )

This time i’m getting a competely new item under warranty, rather than just a “repair” via Fishers, so we will see if it can get to the end of July without failing again………….

Luckily, as you can’t get a 27.2mm one, you don’t have to come to terms with this particular Ying and Yang !

GavinB

Gravity Dropper – for a 27.2 frame there is no reason to do much else.

I bought one a 3 summers ago, before heading to the Mega, having kicked myself for not having one the year before. Shimmed it to fit the frame, borked the forks on day 1 in AdH, and had to ride my 224 for the rest of the week, which was no worries with the GD.

3 years later, same cable, no servicing apart from an occasional clean down and it still works perfectly. I keep on being tempted by ‘shiny, shiny’ Reverbs etc, but keep hearing of silly quality and reliability issues, so will pass for now.

stufield
    Free Member

big fat fecker here and my reverb has been going strong for 3 months without the slightest blip or issue, can’t see anything else being able to match it. Only slight worry would be developing play – square or hex post would sort this.

GavinB

can’t see anything else being able to match it

…except it will not fit her frame.

chiefgrooveguru

Gravity Dropper. They just work! And when they don’t you give them a quick clean and lube or change the generic cable and they start working again.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

tried, tested, reliable, great support and warranty? Gravity Dropper

Cheap and take a punt?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forca-vario-dropper-seatpost-gravity-dropper-clone-272

FYI the aftermarket HiLo is supposed to come with both a remote and an under-saddle lever, but most of the german shops seem to sell one or t’other.

If you hadnt guessed Ive got a GD (on an Orange Alpine).

OrangeBantam
    Free Member

My new Gravity Dropper Turbo arrived Tuesday. I fitted Wednesday (I am utterly useless at techno stuff but it is dead simple). Rode with it today (Thursday).

The perfect match for 27.2 seat tubes. Why buy one with more bits to go wrong?

composite
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper +1

Northwind

I’ve had my Gravity Dropper for twice as long as my KS, and I’ve serviced it once, vs about 6 times for the KS. It’s ugly but it works.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

d) Gravity dropper. Slightly ugly. But it works.

Seen more knackered GD’s than anything else….

KS do a 27.2

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Switched to 27.2 with a frame change and had to leave my fab 6 months no problem 2012 reverb 34.9 out of the equation. X-fusion hilo seemed a promising alternative but two failed hilo’s later I’m back to a standard seatpost…….first hilo seized on ride 3 (warranty replaced), 2nd one bent (yes, bent, in upper tube…warranty refund) on ride 4 (!!). I weigh 88kg at 6’1″ so not exactly a porker and had made an inner tube boot for both. Think it’s a product for lightweights only……will watch with interest to see how the new KS LEV fairs….

float
    Free Member

best thing i did for my GD was plug some of the holes in the rubber boot that let air (and also mud) in/out. fill the ones that face backwards as theyre the ones that let all of the rear wheel spray in.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – Member

tried, tested, reliable, great support and warranty? Gravity Dropper

Cheap and take a punt?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/forca-vario-dropper-seatpost-gravity-dropper-clone-272

I got one of these last week on the basis of reading that thread. I realise a week’s not that long a time to vouch for its long-term reliability but it’s been ace so far. Can’t honestly see what more you’d need a dropper post to do. It comes in 27.2 as standard. One thing I would say is that the shims that come with it aren’t up to much – not long enough to stop it rocking in the frame if you want to use it with a different diameter seat-tube. Home-made boot from an old hybrid 700cc inner-tube, which fits round the post very snugly, and bob’s your uncle.

juan
    Free Member

Gravity dropper. After last sunday race where I have seen plenty of the others fail I am so glad I got a GD. They are not the most pretty to look at, but they work, they are easy to service and all the spares are available.

Honestly look no further. GD is ahead of the concurrence and by a very long shot.

kimbers

another satisfied gravity dropper user here
    9months and still running fine

though at that price id be tempted to go for the cheapy copy

cardo

+1 Gravity Dropper…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got a UK bought hilo and it came with the lever and the remote in the box. Not a light rider by any means but no probs yet. (touch wood)

yoshimi

Granity DRopper £150 at CRC at the moment

elaineanne
    Free Member

what about these…..do these need servicing and fettling with alot…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ks-supernatural-i7-suspension-seat-post-int-lever/

hmmmm duno what to do now confused.com hahhaa if the gravity dropper works…then i shud get that but my head is saying it looks ugly…lol…
    oh another thing the Hilo seatpost ::: how to you attach the cable to your frame….tie wraps or sommet lol….

Rik
    Free Member

Gravity Droppers were £150 last week at CRC

Now back up to £225

Garry_Lager

How good are the shims for a GD? Looking at one but have a 31.6 frame – seems like a correct-size reverb might be a better bet and they’re not much more in price.

elaineanne
    Free Member

garry L….you shud get the reverb.. :wink:…
    lol at crc..i wonder if they got the price wrong on tinternet..seems abit strange putting the price back up lol

Beagleboy

I’ve been using the ‘Gravity Drop’ (Gravity Dropper clone), that I got from bigmassive.com on my 27.2mm seat tubed Orange 5, since early February and it’s been brilliant. I’ve ridden stuff that I’d only walked before because I’d stop to adjust my seat….then look down….then bottle it! It only costs £85, it comes with a cable remote, and when I did snap the cable (through my own cack handedness), I was sent the replacements free of charge within days.

Superb bit of kit, superb value and really good after sales service.

Honestly worth the money if you want to dip your toes into this whole uppity-downy seatopst malarky.

Beagy . 😉

weeksy

yeah but they don’t have any till have PDS.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i woudlnt bother with a GD personally didnt get on with it at all, felt too mechanical, mine went wrong numerous occasions mid ride…

id personally love a reverb in 27.2mm but it doesnt look likely its ever going to happen now…they are super smooth and the remote is excellent as its hydraulic

was
    Free Member

Hi BeagleBoy – thanks for the note.

All pre-ordered TrailDrop seatposts will be packaged and sent out w/c 10th June. Stock will show on the website then for “normal” orders too.

Cheers, Will.

TrailDrop 27.2 dropper seatpost by bigmassive

weeksy

hey Was, does that include ones ordered today for example ?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘what dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.