Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • What does your partner not like but you wished they did?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Nothing smutty and cycling is way too obvious so go ahead with any others…

Mine
    She doesn’t like wine so we can’t sit and share a bottle in front of the TV

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Me 🙂

wallace1492
    Free Member

Sweetcorn….. I love the stuff, she does not. Shame……

edlong
    Free Member

Reason and logic

bearnecessities

Family Guy

elzorillo
    Free Member

Physical activity !

big_scot_nanny

Sci-Fi – I love, she does not.

All soap operas are the other side of the coin!

freeagent
    Free Member

Top Gear, my old Landrover Defender, eating meat, physical activity, shopping…

the-muffin-man

She doesn’t like wine so we can’t sit and share a bottle in front of the TV

Bonus – more for you then!

My wife really hates technology – and can’t see the value in getting a shiny new 42″ LED telly! I think she’d rather go on holiday 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

General geekery. If I see something that interests me I HAVE to know how it works. If she sees something that intreasts her she has to buy it.

The taste of food. I could spend hours in the kitchen on a meal, making it taste just how I want it. She’ll then come through and pour vinegar/heinz ketchup/horseradish over everything.

Adventures. Holliday have to be pre planned and all incusive and involve sun loungers.

flyingmonkeycorps

OBVIOUSLY I wouldn’t change my better half for the world.

However, it can be annoying that she really likes watching films together, but we don’t actually really like any of the same films… She likes light fluffy rom coms, I like proper films 😉

I’m quite happy to go sit and read in the Library while she watches Love Actually or Strictly British Bakery, but apparently that’s not on 🙄

pictonroad

Bride carbon bucket seats and four point harnesses.

hips n boob incompatible apparently.

wwaswas

Slapstick comedy.

Me and the kids LOLing at Laurel and Hardy and she’s sat there lookign at us and saying ‘What was funny?’

trail_rat
    Free Member

“General geekery. If I see something that interests me I HAVE to know how it works. If she sees something that intreasts her she has to buy it.”

This

“my old Landrover Defender, eating meat,”

and this

for her my hatred of hill walking vs her love of it …. – ill happily run or ride in the hills but damned if ill walk through choice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sunlight.

McHamish
    Free Member

I wish my wife enjoyed snowboarding as much as I do…she went on her first holiday and struggled a bit and I felt horrible most of the time because she was doing it for me.

The next one is not her fault…she is alergic to animals (cats & dogs) and I’d like to have a dog or a cat. She loves sausage dogs, but can’t own one as she won’t be able to breath, she doesn’t want to pick up poo, and she says that we’ll never be able to go on holidays.

Maybe if I borrowed someone’s sausage dog she’d change her mind!

mrsflash
    Free Member

chinese food.

chvck
    Free Member

I think that it’s mostly the other way round in our relationship. There’s loads she likes but I don’t!

ocrider

Tea and any other hot drink for that matter.
    She’s perfect other than being incapable of putting the kettle on!

thomthumb
    Free Member

fred dibnah’s age of steam 😉

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Death & Thrash Metal…

Should’ve been a deal breaker, but she swung me round.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nothing that I can think of. She’s pretty open minded and willing to try absolutely anything.

jota180
    Free Member

loud music

johndoh
    Free Member

Tea and any other hot drink for that matter.

Yeah my wife doesn’t like hot drinks either (apart from luke-warm chocolate).

Nor fizzy drinks.

In fact the only fluids she drinks are water, hot luke-warm chocolate, Robinsons Summer Fruits juice and (VERY occasionally) whiskey/brandy with orange juice, Strawberry Mojitos and Pimms (with flat lemonade).

Torminalis
    Free Member

Nothing at all. It feels kinda like that Red Dwarf episode where they all meet their opposites.

We are both Lister.

tomtomthepipersson

Tool. Red wine. Shameless. Sheds. Lie-ins. Late nights. Tofu in yellow bean sauce. Documentaries. Nudist beaches.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Housework.

plyphon
    Free Member

I wish my partner liked getting anal.

I mean, it doesn’t take long to put the knives in one tray and the forks in the other… and it’s not hard to make sure all pictures on the walls are straight.

Sadly she doesn’t share this point of view. She says I shouldn’t get so anal over things.

tacopowell
    Free Member

+1 physical activity,

Something as simple as a walk requires borrowing a dog otherwise she can’t see the point.

tacopowell
    Free Member

I wish my partner liked getting anal.

Don’t understand it myself, cold, dirty and uninviting.

plyphon
    Free Member

Don’t understand it myself, cold, dirty and uninviting.

Nothing cold dirty and uninviting about having all of your books in alphabetical order.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

only cold with a cadaver ^

SaxonRider

My wife has recently (in the last couple of years) begun to appreciate different bicycles, partly as a result of the nice Pashleys we can see through the window of the LBS, but she is not naturally inclined to appreciate triangles the way I do.

Also coffee and beer. She is more of a tea and wine or cider person.

Otherwise, we’re good. 8)

twoniner
    Free Member

29ers.

olddog

Mushrooms

busydog
    Free Member

Mountain biking/hiking as she has, what is to me at least, an unreasonable fear of:

getting lost/crashing/mechanical breakdowns/rattlesnakes/bears/cougars/
    coyotes/no cell service/lightning storms/heights & cliffs and generally the myriad of things that “could” go wrong.

I have tried to help overcome the fearfulness, but have learned to just acknowlege it and go on about whatever is at hand–bottom line though, is that I wouldn’t trade her for the world as she puts up with me, day in and day out.

theotherjonv

Pubs

I used to be a proper soak, now I’m not. But I’d still like very now and then to just go the pub and have a pint of an evening and a chat instead of sitting in the front room with the telly on.

bradley
    Free Member

Snakes and pushbikes.

nicko74

Dry-roasted peanuts (but fair play, she is allergic)
    Pudding
    (Bedroom fun 😉 )

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Competitive sport even if only competing with yourself.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘What does your partner not like but you wished they did?’ is closed to new replies.