Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What do you spend?
  • will
    Free Member

What proportion of your income do you think you spend on bikes a year. This year i think i'll be spending around 20% of my income on my bike/new bikes…

So i either earn naff all, or spend a hell of a lot of money… you decided 😉

Kramer
    Free Member

5-6% of my income goes on bikes and bike related stuff.

mboy
    Free Member

Just on bikes? Or on travelling to go riding, and kit, and everything else too?

Generally I only buy a new bike if I'm selling an old bike to replace. And I tend to wheel and deal on the classifieds, or on ebay, in order to buy new (used) bargains.

This year so far spent about £1200 on new bikes/parts, and probably sold £1000 worth of bikes and kit… So naff all for me this year really! And as a percentage of my earnings? Significantly more than I'd like due to the fact I spent the first 4 months of 2009 on the dole!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neilsonwheels
    Free Member

+1 for the 5-6%.

And then there's the credit card.!

anlegov
    Free Member

Yeah, 5% tops. GF and 8-year-old already reckon I hand over way too much to CRC and the like.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Quick guesstimate put's me at about 5% of my payslip goes on keeping me fit and happy. Not sure I value my health and wellbeing highly enough!

will
    Free Member

I guess 5% was the figure I was thinking "on average" Ah well only have this job for a year then back to the sheltered world of higher education…

I was really talking about everything to do with biking, so travelling as well i guess…

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Does income include student loans? 😕
    when taking into account race entries, travelling, food, kit, time off work for above trips, general bike up keep, and the occasional peice of shiny kit, I would say about 30%
    However, I am a student so I dont work a whole lot, and my main income is through riding my bike (Guiding) anyway… I think I can justify it.
    I know I would be extremely miserable if I didn't have such an amzing hobby to spend my money on. and I'm very thankful that I'm in the position to have the money to spend.

langy
    Free Member

The last 12 months probably around to a bit over 10% as I only really started to get into riding enough to warrant having 'good' gear since last Christmas; from now on it is only as stuff needs replacing, so I reckon it'll drop down towards the 5% or less mark.

Also, as I learn more about what I need etc I can shop around a bit more rather than just what is in the shop too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What do you spend?’ is closed to new replies.