Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What do you do with a broken bird?
  • sc-xc

What do you do with a little bird who’s fell out the nest and broke it’s wing? Mum and Dad bird trying to feed him worms…making me very sad.

alexxx
    Free Member

get out a special pair of bombers.

Tis the only way sadly.. or watch it die slowly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do the decent thing. Go to the shed and get a shovel…..

yossarian
    Free Member

Two bricks.

Do it quick.

tazzymtb

make a local cat very happy and let nature do her thing

superfli
    Free Member

My weapon is the half moon to the neck.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Super glue?

anokdale
    Free Member

Dump her and go for one of her mates…. Oh shovel for the winged type, we get them flying into our conservatory and the cats are mean if they get to them before the shovel.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

shovel for the little one, but this often upsets the parents, so wait till they come to feed it and bash them first

sc-xc

I phoned the RSPCA. They said as it’s parents are still tending to it, it is best to leave it – they reckon this offers the best chance of survival.
    😥 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Nature is cruel 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No! Bash it with a shovel!

Haze

Draw the curtains, let nature take it’s course and try to forget about it.

Or give it Sambuca.

sc-xc

Sambuca served. Now playing death-wing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The RSPCA are cox. FACT.

A baby bird with a broken wing has zero chance of survival, unless it is a flightless species. Do the decent thing. Stop the suffering.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What Flashheart said.

What sort of bird is btw ? I amazed it managed to break its wing – they simply don’t weigh enough to break them when falling, plus bones in young birds tend to be very pliable before full ossification has set in. Are you sure it’s not simply “hurt” its wing rather than broken it ? As Flashheart says, broken wing = zero chance of survival, but a muscular problem should be recoverable.

13thfloormonk

Really want a wee pet bird, but caging them seems pretty cruel. Is keeping a broken one as a pet less cruel?

HermanShake
    Free Member

Give it a bit of time before euthanasia. If it is really suffering, then intervene; it may be able to heal up (possibly with your protection).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What do you do with a broken bird?’ is closed to new replies.