Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What do I need for my Pro II?
  • ononeorange

I am going in for a minor operation shortly (this is relevant – stay with me!) which means a couple of weeks at home. Ideal to repair my Pro II which I think has a broken axle (cassette /freehub are wobbling around alarmingly).

Every attempt in the past to strip a Pro II has frustratingly ended in failure and a trip to this distant LBS, as whenever I reassemble it it has just tightened / locked up when putting it back in the frame. This time I am determined to crack it, given that I will have some time to out-psyche it.

So what spares do I need to get in? It’s not been apart in years, so I guess bearings (it wobbles) – how many and what size please?

New axle – from Hope?

Pawl springs – from Hope?

Is that it?

Cheers!

coatesy
    Free Member

Check Hope’s tech section for exploded diagrams and part numbers/bearing sizes. I’d suggest getting yourself some of their bearing press and seal fitting tools if you’ve had trouble getting them to work after meddling with them. Also worth noting that if you get Hope’s own bearings, they’ll be stainless, but will cost a bit more.

rossp
    Free Member

the locking up when in the frame will be that you have missed putting the small black spacer between the bearings and the freehub, keep an eye out for it!

robhughes
    Free Member

shout kaesae off here for your bearings(all five of them)they really are good.
    ukbikestore for pawl springs, labyrinth seal and non drive side seal.
    Thats about it really..
    If you really want you can get the full set of seal and bearing presses also from ukbikestore.

ononeorange

Cheers for the advice. Checked Hope diagrams now and off to check UKbikestore.

Thanks

lucien

Hope instructional vid’s on YouTube – they may even have a channel – found it really helpful when replacing bearings in my Pro II.

ononeorange

Awesome Rob, thanks!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The only thing that is a hassle is getting the end caps off right at the start (Assuming it’s a QR rear). It can be a right barsteward, and for that reason, I pop mine off every month and give it a greasing.

Yes, I am aware that last sentence is fnar material…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What do I need for my Pro II?’ is closed to new replies.