Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What digital photoframe?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's my mum's birthday on Saturday and she has just said she would like a digital frame. I know there are lots out there and some have better screens than others (less directional etc). Will have around £75 max to spend – can anyone recommend one?

Ta.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Ah, recommend you go to a currys or dixons and ask the spotty salesperson to demonstrate how you upload photos.

I bought a Kodak one ( I think) for my Mum for Christmas, and neither of us have been able to fathom it out yet.

I'm thinking of buying her an iPad and solving several problems at once.

woody74

I have quite a few over the years and the best quality ones are either the Philips ones of the own brand ones from Calumet. Basically you get what to pay for, all the cheap ones have bad screens that a pixelated and have funny colours. I have the 15' version of this and it is brilliant quality

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/DF1012/

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My brother has just come across this one – seems pretty good.
    PHOTOFRAME

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just trade off resolution and price with a hint of "named make" about it and you'll probably be fine. Avoid widescreens at all cost (few photos are widescreen format!). I've had/used a few and never found one that wasn't immediately obvious how to use, but some generations may not pick it up quite so easily so a trip to a comet/currys/dixons might let you play with user interfaces. Take an SD card with some images to test.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Whatever we get we will put all the pictures on for mum and if between me and my two brothers we can't figure out any interface I would be very surprised (all in creative/techy fields in one way or another).

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Got a Jessops one for Christmas, decent picture quality, setup menu is not exactly intuitive but on/off is all you need once it is set up. Think there prices are OK too.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bear in mind that it'll never have the quality of your monitor/a print, but you're viewing a 9" screen generally from several feet, your eyes won't notice unless it's really bad.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

if between me and my two brothers we can't figure out any interface I would be very surprised (all in creative/techy fields in one way or another).

I'd like to see you try with the Kodak (?) interface.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well my brother has ordered a Philips one now anyway. Thanks your all your replies 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What digital photoframe?’ is closed to new replies.