Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What did I do wrong?
  • bighairydel

Currently sat in minor injuries with suspect broken collar bone. Trying to wrack my brains as to what I did wrong to deck it!
    Carrying nice speed into a very tight bermed left hander and managed to roll both tyres off ( front worse ) and bend / folded my front rim badly. It’s split where it twisted at the join.
    Too much speed? Wrong position? Wheel failure?
    I didn’t feel like I was going too fast, still felt in control until I heard the scrub and pop and then went flying!

matt_outandabout

Tyres folded due to too low a pressure?

Heal quickly…

bighairydel

I run tubeless and run them at 25 rear 23 front, never had issues before but are they too low?
    Running maxxis ardent 2.3

carlos
    Free Member

^^^^^^ That was my first thought too as I read the OP’s post.

Tyre burped big time, then due to speed, cornering etc… It’s just peeled off the rim and in the mean time you’ll be in the middle of it all having your own little accident

Healing vibes

bighairydel

Yeah Carlos that was it in a nutshell!
    Will take note to add some more air when I get a new wheel!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I thought tyre pressure as well. Had this conversation in the way back from today’s ride. Just because you can run silly low pressure, doesn’t mean you should.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Did you check the pressures before riding?

If not I wonder if this thread had anything to do with it?

mend soon

bighairydel

Yeah checked them just before, was at the end of ride but was only a couple of hours so shouldn’t think they loose much but guess they could have

bighairydel

Sealant not as dry as I thought it would be but not loads left in there

Rorschach
    Free Member

Definitely the bike/tyres/wheels/forks/stem length.No one ever falls off through pilot error anymore.

bighairydel

Course not! 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What did I do wrong?’ is closed to new replies.