Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What comfortable elbow pad?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Recovering from a chipped elbow so thinking sensible to wear pads for while. Will only be for XC so nothing too rugged but still got to protect my elbow if it hits a rock. Fox Launch perhaps?

sandal100

I like elbow pads with d30 so that they’re not very restrictive but still give protection from knocks, not found a hard shell one I’m comfortable in yet.

Speeder

POC for me. Expensive but in comfort and staying where they’re supposed to, nothing comes close.

gavstorie
    Free Member

POC for me… They fit well and arent restrictive

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Have used race face ambush but I found the elastic band too tight on one arm but they do the job well.

Suggsey
    Free Member

G form….ultra comfortable, really are fit and forget and washable unlike the vast majority of pads these days it would seem and I can vouch that they protect when you stack it…..had an off on a rocky chute at Kirroughtree and escaped unscathed on the protected areas!

andysredmini
    Free Member

Another vote for g-form. You really do forget they are there. Had a couple of falls on my bmx onto concrete floors and have been fine both times. One I landed directly onto my elbow and I barely felt it. They are obviously a compromise on size vs protection but I mainly wanted to hide them under my clothes so the kids on bmx’s wouldn’t know I was being an old (34) pussy.

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 for Raceface ambush but are small fitting so would go up a size.

motozulu
    Free Member

G forms are good but depends on level of protection you like? I go XC rides = G forms
    Anything more technical = TLD shock doctors.

TLD’s are almost as fit and forget as the G forms.

poah
    Free Member

bliss minamist and Leatt 3DF are good, gform are not rated for impact like other pads and don’t offer much side protection

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’ve got some Leatt 3DF but they’ve stretched on the top band and no longer stay put, riding down plus although they are anti pong constructed, they are starting to hum! That’s the main reason I tried the GForm. If it’s anything fast ie BPW or Antur where I know I would be pushing the impact protection limits of the G forms, I wear race face hard armour.
    It’s all horses for courses and how much protection for the riding you intend doing or location.
    Just another factor to bear in mind is sizing and availability. I have very large diameter limbs and can’t even get the likes of POC armour over my forearms and a lot of the other makes if I can get them on cut off the blood flow!

seadog101

Dianese trailskins. Very comfy, pretty tough, but flex enough not to get in the way.

mudshark
    Free Member

Ordered the G forms as think good to have something so light but also thinking of the TLDs – I’ve seen comments about the sizing and wonder if I should go for smaller than their size guide?

Northwind

I love my POC Bones- yes they are massive and stupid looking but they’re also more comfortable than anything else I’ve tried- no restriction, very airy (because of the design they don’t need to be tight or enclosing).

I’ve got a pair of gforms which are much lower profile, but actually warmer to ride in! And won’t offer a fraction of the protection.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ion E-pact pads here, first pair I’ve had that stay put and are comfy for all day rides. Seem like they’d offer loads of protection in a crash too.

Gonna get a lot of use out of them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What comfortable elbow pad?’ is closed to new replies.