Garmin Connect & training plans – help!!!

Home Forum Bike Forum Garmin Connect & training plans – help!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garmin Connect & training plans – help!!!
  • Alpha1653

Apparently Garmin Connect seems to have imploded making it impossible to upload planned workouts to Garmin devices, so much so they’ve got they’re own Facebook page to provide updates: Garmin doesn’t work.

I still want to use my Edge 500 for planned workouts, especially on a turbo etc. Has anyone found a workaround? You can’t upload workouts via Strava can you? Any other ideas?

CraigW

You could try using Garmin Training Center. Its no longer officially supported, but you should be able to download and install it.

Premier Icon Haze
    Subscriber

It’s been flakey for some time now but last night Garmin Express couldn’t even launch. Assume it’s related.

Anyhow, I switched to Classic mode and did a manual upload via the button top right, no problems from there.

e2a: not sure that answers your post actually!

aerzen

OP, you realise the facebook page you linked to is February 2014 when Garmin Connect wasn’t working? I’m using Connect with no issues at the moment

Premier Icon martib
    Subscriber

I’ve been having intermittant problems downloading Courses to my Garmin Forerunner 310XT, I found on a forum that the issue was down to special characters in the Course names. I removed these (in my case hyphens) and they sync no problem now.

Not sure if this is the same issue you are having but worth a look.

No mention of this on the Garmin Connect though 🙄

bikebouy

My Connects working too, classic for me as well. Loaded routes and workouts last night, all fine here. Gotta add I’m an 810 user.

PICNIC?

Premier Icon teamslug
    Subscriber

New version worked for me on Sunday afternoon…edge 705

gren

Connect working fine for me. Uploaded a session this morning and one on Sunday from 2 different devices. Using the modern interface if that makes a difference.

Never used the planning side. Just upload sessions as and when

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

My rides are all still getting uploaded.

Alpha1653

Hmmm, it may be the title of the workouts – I’ll try to change that later and see if that works. However, I loaded one workout into the device last year and it won’t update even with the same name. I bloody hate technology…good job I don’t work with it day in day out…oh hang on…I do. 😕

Alpha1653

Thanks for the replies, all. I’ve played around and got the thing working again. However, I had to do a full reset of the device, reinstall Garmin Express, reinstall the device and then it started working. All workouts are now loaded and ready for the Watt bike tomorrow…where’s my sick bucket?!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect & training plans – help!!!’ is closed to new replies.