Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What CO2 inflator?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Want a CO2 inflator and 10 cartridges as cheap as possible. Can get the lifeline head for £7.19 from wiggle, is there better/cheaper?

TiRed

Innovations Microflate Nano is my stock (one for commuting and one for road). Small and works perfectly. Uses screwthreaded C02. The press to activate ones are terrible by comparison.

johnnystorm

Genuine Innovations Ultraflate Plus for me:

http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bicycle/mountain/ultraflate-plus-clone-2.html

Works really well on Presta (haven’t tried schrader but it’s threaded) and if you don’t need a whole cart you can lock the trigger off. Lets you store the cartridges inside upside down so you don’t have to break the seal until you need it. Takes threaded or plain so you’re flexible of the cartridges you can use. I buy the cheapo brewing ones online, about a 10th of the cost from a bike shop! Last used a quick squirt at the weekend to pop some tyres on that my track pump couldn’t get going when setting them up tubeless.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

where are your cheap cartridges from

variflex
    Free Member
    Hells

Got the Lifeline inflater a couple of weeks ago. I ended up using it twice yesterday (convoluted story involving getting hit by a caravan! 🙁 ) & it worked a treat. With a few of the inflaters you have to hold it onto the valve while you try to screw the cartridge into it which quite often means you lose gas. With this one you can screw the cartridge in, then when you push it onto the valve it releases the CO2.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hells – just bought that one cheers 🙂

johnnystorm

Yep, get mine from the place variflex mentions.

hallz
    Free Member

If its a MTB tyre then be aware that a single cartridge wont fill the tyre so you need 2. When being used the cartridge gets extrememly cold and i found it difficult to remove my first cartride until it had thawed out. Just one of those little things that i never considered when buying…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

would a 33g fill a 2.4 tyre or would i need bigger?

variflex
    Free Member

33g should be ok. I normally get through 2 x16g for a 2.1-2.25 tyre

hallz
    Free Member

@variflex Do you have any issues changing the cartridges whilst the fiorst one is frozen cold?

alanf
    Free Member

For the road is it wise to carry a mini pump as well as CO2, and if so can anyone recommend a decent mini pump that would fit in a tool bottle?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What CO2 inflator?’ is closed to new replies.