Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • What Boris Jonson isn't telling you about the ticket staff on the Underground
  • grantway
    Free Member

But then again neither is Bob Crow!

Chatting to a Ticket staff person today, someone i see for the past Two years and saying to him
    that I see the flow rate of persons is much faster for one of the ticket staff against the Four ticket machines.

So after that I asked about there actual jobs and No one neither Bob Crow as said that apparently
    those that will have these jobs to go to will be taking a pay cut between £ 6,000 to £ 8,000 pounds
    a year.

Jamie
    Free Member

….and in English?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Que?

KonaTC

Boris in CONservative ideological race to the bottom of 3rd world pay rates.

Bob says it’s not about pay its about passengers and safety, if he didn’t the CONservative press would accuse him of 1970’s TU-ism

Are you really surprised? Honestly?

allthepies
    Free Member

My submarine is full of eels.

Spud

I’ve tried several times and nope, can’t work it out…

jon1973
    Free Member

I have sauerkraut in my lederhosen.

Cougar

My submarine is full of eels.

At least your hovercraft’s ok, then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Allthepies, that would be your hovercraft, shirley?

Junkyard
    Free Member

even i cannot translate that

molgrips
    Free Member

the flow rate of persons is much faster for one of the ticket staff against the Four ticket machines

What about cost per ticket sold?

matt_outandabout

Bluebells? On the speakers chair? Outstanding.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve seen better written Nigerian scam emails than that OP.

neilco
    Free Member

…and that is why the Right have won. They can write.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Le singe est dans l’arbre.

bigblackshed

Errmm…….. Errrrrrr……… Umpfffffff…….

No, still none the wiser?!?!?!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mon singe mange mon serpent

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Damn you, Cougar!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Le loup marche ce nuit

Northwind

Bop bopa-a-lu a whop bam boo

juanking

Read that twice and still none the wiser…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Le panda mange le bambou.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Le jardin de mon oncle est plus grand que la plume de ma tante.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

JACQUES COUSTEAU!

kimbers

I think the OP is saying that after BJ has pushed through his staff cuts that there will be significant pay cuts for the remaining staff.

andyl
    Free Member

I am disappointed. I clicked this thread hoping to find out that most of them were MI5 agents or something watching everyone.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I still can’t figure out what that means.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boeuf?

AdamW
    Free Member

Pwy sy’n gwybod lle mae amser yn mynd?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t understand why so many people are struggling to understand grantway’s points, or is it just that taking the piss is more fun ? Anyway let me help …….. Grantway observed today that in his opinion ticket machines are slower in delivering tickets than ticket office staff. He then got chatting to a member of staff who explained that after the ticket offices have all been shut the staff that are redeployed are likely to experience a substantial pay cut ( I believe this is due to many being redeployed at lower grades)

He also makes the point that both Boris Johnson, and apparently Bob Crow, have kept quiet about this (although I’m not convinced that the media fully reports everything that Bob Crow says)

Grantway’s written English might not be up to the standard of some on here but I bet he is a far better furniture maker than most. We all have different skills 🙂

wingnuts

I’ve got a French mate who was JACQUES COUSTEAU’s sound man. He’s deaf now!

robdixon
    Free Member

The remaining staff won’t get “pay cuts” – more than 1,000 staff have applied for voluntary redundancy as part of the closure of the ticket offices – those who choose to move to other roles will get the same pay as people already in those roles.

Some ticket offices only sell 4 tickets in a c19 hour working day – with ticket office staff on the best part of £40K when their pensions are taken into account, the staff cost per ticket sale is around £129 (based on the 7 hour working day, 8 weeks leave, 19 “open” hours for the ticket office etc.

footflaps

Grantway’s written English might not be up to the standard of some on here but I bet he is a far better furniture maker than most.

He should have just made a piece of furniture that better illustrated his point and posted a photo of that….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can’t understand why so many people are struggling to understand grantway’s points, or is it just that taking the piss is more fun

Yes.

Political stuff is boring and tedious, Do us a favour and change the record.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He then got chatting to a member of staff who explained that after the ticket offices have all been shut the staff that are redeployed are likely to experience a substantial pay cut ( I believe this is due to many being redeployed at lower grades)

So the job they are doing no longer exists, they choose to stay and take something that remains and get paid at the rate for the new job they take? I assume that if the job they take is a promotion they would like to be paid at their current rate too?

From the side of the other workers how about someone is dropped into your team as a new member of staff and is paid 10% more than the team leader because that is what they were in their old job? How would you feel?

Yes look after the workers but also remember it’s not a charity.

Moses

Rob Dixon, are you deliberately misrepresenting the situation?
    If an employee is moved from one job to a lower grade and paid at that grade, they get a pay cut. Is that hard to understand?

And who quotes pay as including pensions & benefits? Many never live to see their pension, and the way earned rights are reneged by the employers, they may be lost by the time the employee retires.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Yes.

Political stuff is boring and tedious, Do us a favour and change the record.

How about not clicking on a thread which very clearly makes a reference to a well known politician in it’s title, if “political stuff is boring and tedious” ?

Or can’t you resist the lure of a political thread ?

Northwind

robdixon – Member

The remaining staff won’t get “pay cuts” – more than 1,000 staff have applied for voluntary redundancy as part of the closure of the ticket offices – those who choose to move to other roles will get the same pay as people already in those roles.

First, no that’s not true at all, more than 1000 people have expressed interest in the redundancy package- ie, they want to know what’s on offer. That’s not at all the same thing as applying for voluntary redundancy.

Second, that is a pay cut, genuine zomfg wtf.

robdixon
    Free Member

it’s not a pay cut. They can take redundancy or do a different job and get the same pay for that role as everyone else.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……the same pay for that role as everyone else.

It has nothing to do with what other people are getting.

The term “pay cut” refers to what an individual was previously receiving.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=pay+cut+definition

The individuals in this particular case will have their salaries reduced, allegedly.
    This represents a “pay cut”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘What Boris Jonson isn't telling you about the ticket staff on the Underground’ is closed to new replies.