Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What BMX for my 9 year old boy ????
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

When it comes to bmx I have no idea !!
    whats hot and whats not !!
    He will be using it mainly street and a bit of skate park,, oh and we are having a bmx dirt track built in my area at the moment so a bike to cover all bases would be good.
    budget about £200.

anyone have any recommendation

I don't know which models specifically, but have a look at We The People, Fit and United.

singlecrack
    Free Member

thanks for the reply I will check them out

GTDave
    Free Member

Give Luke @ Triton Cycles a buzz: http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk
    Always been very helpful when I have wanted to buy bikes.

meehaja
    Free Member

speak to proper BMX shops, but IME try a "race" BMX rather than the conventional "freestyle" type. Not as strong but much much lighter. at 9, strength is less of an issue, but weight will really hold him back. I foundfrom riding an old burner, then going onto a "propper BMX" a could barely hop it and all my tricks became too hard.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

How tall is the youngster? Could be worth looking into an 18" wheel bike just now…

singlecrack
    Free Member

He is 4'6" tall
    how much difference is there between 18" and 20"

height ?
    weight ?

Big-M
    Free Member

Go for a 20" try the guys at Groove, they know their stuff.

alexonabike

I always thought that kids riding BMX's designed for adults a bit stupid.

I agree with the 18" wheel idea unless he's related to that russian boxer.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

At that height go for 18" wheels. Much easier to handle for him, much easier to do tricks, easier to throw around under him and he'll love it. Much much much better if you take him to an indoor or outdoor ramp park etc.

If it's just for kicking about with his mates then get a 20 as that's what they'll all have.

Big-M
    Free Member

My lad's 7 and races a 20" which he can jump and wheelie easy enough, I wouldn't just buy one online, get him to a shop, they'll give you some advice. Then it's up to you if you buy from them or get one online.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What BMX for my 9 year old boy ????’ is closed to new replies.