Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • so why is the carphone warehouse is usually staffed by some…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

….. geeky, slightly overweight bloke named Nick?

yum….

stompy

😀

flamejob
    Free Member

I find the stereotype to be chubby Asian (Indian sub-continent to be precise) blokes who drive chaved up BMWs, wear garish gold and probably live with their parents.

My boss walked into one reciently to buy a JawBone and walked out 2 minutes later empty handed.

'It [jawbone] was there, in it's box behind the counter just out of reach; one of them was chatting up a schoolgirl, one was slouching on the sofa on his phone and another was getting his mate a deal behind the counter. All I wanted to do was give them £90 and get the hell out of there!'

Kuco

Flamejob I had similar experience at out local sony store. 1 on the phone and 2 talking about clubbing the previous night and totally ignored me standing at the counter. A young girl came in and one straight away went up to her to ask if she needed help. I just turned around and on my way out the chap looked at me I couldn't help but call him a 'complete and utter c**t'

Hairychested
    Free Member

There was a really friendly Indian girl who was a pleasure to deal with. Well, "deal" …

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

English chav dressed in Topman head to toe with blonde streaks in his hair and a chain on his wrist from Argos by Elizabeth duke!!! 😆

Nico
    Free Member

I went into CW in Farnborough and asked a matey about phones. He told me he wasn't paid enough to actually know about phones and carried on opening boxes. I thought that was refreshingly honest and a lot better than the "what brings you into our store today?"* I got from Vodafone.

* "I've come to look at fones" I replied.

alpin
    Free Member

did you say it with a 'F'. that's clever.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Nico, do you get it from Vow-da-fone?

flamejob
    Free Member

… not to mention iPhone day 1 when they were shovelling 'essential' extras 'packs' and over-priced insurance.

Being a Mac nerd I knew the score, but they convinced the people in the que in front of me to buy totally useless 'essential' extras.

I found myself saying 'no, just give me the phone' about five times.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

The only people prepared to work for minimum wage + crappy bonus (hence the package deals they push) and take abuse from the great unwashed who think they are better than them because they don't work in a shop.

I am sure some of them are rubbish but I am sure there are quite a few people on here who are sh!t at their job 🙂

SSP

Kahurangi

I recommended a particular phone model/s to my dad who went in to a CW have a look and make a purchase. They told him to looks in a catalogue. He left.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘so why is the carphone warehouse is usually staffed by some…..’ is closed to new replies.