Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What bike to buy and then sell on?
  • meandyuk

If you had £1000 credit to spend on a bike, what would you buy so you could sell to recoup some cash?

Cheers

crispedwheel
    Free Member

How much (what %) are you willing to lose?

nealglover
    Free Member

Scamming the bike 2 work scheme then ?

chakaping
    Free Member

A road bike as it’s less likely to need warranty work.

Basil

Boardman Pro,Best parts and the frames go for over £200 on Ebay

andrewh
    Free Member

I’d go for a used one as it will already have done some of it’s depreciating. (unless something to with bike to work of course…)

meandyuk

Cheers, willing to lose 20-25%

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

a road bike

nealglover
    Free Member

meandyuk – Member
    If you had £1000 credit to spend on a bike, what would you buy so you could sell to recoup some cash?
    Cheers

If it’s a Salary sacrifice/bike 2 work scheme thing, you don’t actually own the bike, and selling it wouldn’t be advised as it belongs to someone else.

meandyuk

It’s a long story which I can’t be arsed to go into but I will actually own the bike purchased.

Cheers for the advice, a road bike it is to tempt someone with a new year resolution to get fit 🙂

Mackem

Couldnt you sell the credit for 800 quid?

boxelder

Try selling the £1000 credit to someone for £800, so they can buy what they want?

Northwind

Sounds insurance claimy…

Boardman look like a good option if you intend to split, lots of nice parts. Or On One, if you can spend your credit there.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

I were you, I’d buy a Cube LTD SL 29er in a 17″, split it, sell the frame and forks to me and the sell rest on STW classifieds.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

do you want a leg-up to get on to the 29er? 😉

oliverd1981
    Free Member

an odd sized 2010 or 2011 hardtail on knockdown and part it out.

meandyuk

Can’t be arsed with splitting it up as I only have limited time, 3 weeks.

Will be selling the bike whole once I decide which one to get.

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

try asking who wants a £1000 bike on hear for £800 then get them to pick for you – what shop so what range?

br
    Free Member

You’ll be lucky to see £600…

avdave2

Whatever it is get it in a medium.

meandyuk

Anything from leisure lakes so quite a range, also the boardmans

mikewsmith
    Free Member

meandyuk – Member
    Anything from leisure lakes so quite a range, also the boardmans

Pop in the classifieds Any bike worth £1000 from leisure lakes yours for £800

tomaso
    Free Member

I’d get a massively discounted 2011 bike and flog it on ebay with a healthy reserve. There is plenty of reduced stuff knocking about. Much easier to sell on a £1500 bike for £800 than a £1000 one.

mboy
    Free Member

Boardman Road Bike, they fetch nearly new prices on eBay!

The carbon jobbie that was £1k a year or do ago, I’ve seen one fetch £920 on eBay after 12 months use! OK this one didn’t look like it had been ridden much, but that’s almost depreciation proof!

meandyuk

I could get the alloy boardman road bike and sell that on ebay – not sure if it is as desirable as the old carbon one though…

druidh
    Free Member

Looks like On One are delaying my 29er frame yet again. I’m looking at the Cube LTD Pro 29er, but I don’t really want the brakes/groupset/wheels, so I’d need to sell them on. For the right money, I’d buy a “new” Cube off you 🙂 They’re £949 new at Leisure Lakes.

justatheory
    Free Member

Currently got my eye on a frame from Leisure Lakes, so I’d buy a £1000 voucher for £750 if I could pay through Paypal. Can the voucher be supplemented with cash to buy a more expensive bike/frame?

hora
    Free Member

Looks like On One are delaying my 29er frame yet again

Shop elsewhere.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s the plan. TBH, it’s not just the delay, it’s the fact that they keep telling me one thing, then changing it and not letting me know until I chase them. As far as customer service goes, they are truly shit.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What bike to buy and then sell on?’ is closed to new replies.