• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycle to work voucher!
  • meandyuk

Got a voucher through the scheme value £1000 and i’ve not yet used it. The scheme has ended and i’ve paid the voucher off completely plus the additional fee at the end thus purchasing a non-existant bike from my emplorer.

I’m now wanting to regain some of this money to do some travelling so I was thinking of offering the voucher to someone for say £800 and I order a bike of their choice for them – is this allowed? 🙂

Bregante

Sounds dodgy as ****

meandyuk

Yeah I know it seems a bit shady and that’s the problem, finding someone willing.

I guess I could just buy a bike and flog it – might be easier

druidh
    Free Member

Don’t the vouchers have a “use by” date on them?

meandyuk

Yeah they do, it expired but a re-issued one is in the post

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – sorted then.

The C2W rules are that the shop is supposed to check some sort of photo id before doing the exchange. While many don’t do this, be aware that this might restrict what you can do with it.

Either way, you’ll be the original purchases and who ever buys the bike/voucher off you will be giving up the warranty (unless it’s one of the few manufacturers who will transfer the warranty).

It’s not a bad time of year to walk into a dealer with a voucher and ask for a discounted bike though. Some might blanch at the idea of doing a discount and paying Cyclescheme admin fee/commission but it’ll depend how desperate they are.

meandyuk

So i’m going to buy a bike to then sell on. Can anyone recommend a bike that will be easy to shift? 🙂

5lab

Get a top spec boardman and split it?

timmys

If you pass the voucher onto someone else, and they manage to get a bike out of it, then that bike will be owned by your employer which sounds like the start of a big clusterfcuk to me.

5lab

Get a top spec boardman and split it?

druidh
    Free Member

timmys – Member
    If you pass the voucher onto someone else, and they manage to get a bike out of it, then that bike will be owned by your employer

Not so – the OP has already paid the final fee so is now the owner of the “bike”.

pdw
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s already a mess. If HMRC ever did find out, they’d quite reasonably come after you for the income tax you didn’t pay.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work voucher!’ is closed to new replies.