Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What bike for Mrs.C- "Bimble on the Blues" machine.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

£350-£400 budget to buy a complete bike rather than me spending months pretending i’m “hand selecting parts for a custom build”.

My 18″ Inbred is just on the cusp of comfort for her, so a M would do- she’s happy on a guys frame too.

Would like to stay at 26″ for various reasons and would really rather not have to buy a bottom-of-the-range Spesh, Trek or Giant. Which is where things get difficult.

If I could find a couple years old Genesis core i’d be laughing.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Don’t dismiss this without serious thought. Ideal for your needs, well specced for the money.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Cheers CB, it’s already on my list as that was the first bike I ever rode. It is excellent for the money, but Shimano, even bottom of the barrel, is a must.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Also, rigid forks are definitely ok as she’s being using P2’s her whole riding career to date.

booktownman
    Free Member

Would you consider used but looked after? Drover Cycles in Hay on Wye are selling last year’s Saracen Mantra hire bikes for £325 a pop. Don’t know what the spec is but it’s worth having a word. Thinking of getting one for my Missus for the very same purpose!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Chris, I’ve just sent you an email for a Trek Fuel EX 5.5 WSD if interested.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Look for a used Genesis Core – loads of them about.
    I have a Core 20 which is a great bike for what you want. I’ve moved on to a Horsethief as I’m doing a bit harder stuff than when I started and I had some money… and an itch.

They go for about £250 used.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

We have no money right now so it’s a savings job, but I’m pretty much set on a used Genesis anyway.

Easy 1*10 too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What bike for Mrs.C- "Bimble on the Blues" machine.’ is closed to new replies.