• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gee.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What Bike 29er, Ti, Geared, 100mm travel? (sorry)
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

OK, I am looking for a 29er geared MTB hard tail, I am planning something and I think this is the idea behind the bike I want, but my question is what bike?

I like on-one but they don’t do a Ti 29er geared bike the only one I can find on their site is a SS.

I don’t really want to go for a custom bike mainly because of the cost…

If you have one Pics would be nice to get an idea 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/5064884389/]Peggy 3D button[/url] by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Sam

Singular pegasus surely?

The winningest Ti 29er in the UK?

rOcKeTdOg

too slow Sam 😉

Clink

Depends how much you want to spend.

Singular is lovely if you can afford it. Van Nic do a 29er frame, or pick up a second hand On-one ti29er (one currently on ebay for £425 – not me btw!).

paulS
    Free Member

Ridgeline 29er ?
    Picking mine up on Wednesday, pictures coming soon after….. 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

The Singular is very pricey – £1600… for less you could go full custom

eg Burls (very nice and full custom) ~£1K; Ridgeline ~£1K
    or there’s the US builders which you’ll pay about the same as the Pegasus for.

Then there’s the type of riding you’ll be doing which has a big bearing on the choice…

rOcKeTdOg

Is that it? How niche 😉

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Lynskey Pro 29er or Ridgeline for a few less £££££

paulS
    Free Member

Needs a few bits to finish it off, but ready to roll later for a first ride…

Paul.

Lynskey Ridgeline.

Lynskey by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

This is my 4th 29er hardtail. I can’t explain it, but it just feels fast than anything else I’ve ever ridden.

Bimbler
    Free Member

If it were me and I wish it was my wishlist would be

Jones (but “rigid”)
    Singular
    Lynskey Pro

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

If you fancy a large 2010 Ridgeline for a big discount, mail me, I may be selling soon 😉

danti

I believe On One are doing some new Van Nich made Ti 29ers (geared hopefully) early in 2011, or that’s what they told me a couple of months ago.

fatmax

How do you lads like your Lynskey Ridgeline 29-ers? I’m possibly interesting in getting one…

b_man
    Free Member

Oh, I can’t wait for mine to arrive, later this month apparently….

Nezbo
    Free Member

bigdugsbaws – You still looking at selling the frame?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Nezbo…TD? 😉

May I recommend…

Nezbo
    Free Member

pedalhead – mate that look sweet, have you managed to fit everything in there without a frame bag, and how big is your rucksack

I was thinking tri bars are a good idea 🙂

ericemel
    Free Member

Burls custom @ £1k is a bargain (mines being built!!)

Or go for Triton’s custom built direct from Russia circa £650
    http://tritonbikes.com/blog/

pedalhead
    Free Member

pedalhead – mate that look sweet, have you managed to fit everything in there without a frame bag, and how big is your rucksack

I was thinking tri bars are a good idea

Actually I have a custom frame bag on order from Eric as well :-). I can cram enough into the bags you see, along with a Wingnut Hyper 3, but the Wingnut ends up heavier than I’d like. The frame bag will have a hydration tube port so I can put a bladder in there, keeping the weight nice & low down. Will still need a bladder in my Wingnut though, but won’t always need it to be full. I can highly recommend the Wingnut packs…alleviated some arm issues I had whilst using a Camelbak.

The tri bars are fantastic for dirt road (and indeed road) use. I had to put them over the bars as otherwise they’d foul on the Lefty, but even so I can still comfortably turn one gear higher when stretched out. Their main advantage is simply to have another position though.

5lab

couldn’t you stick a roloff into a singlespeed frame?

gee
    Free Member

Salsa El Mariachi Ti?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What Bike 29er, Ti, Geared, 100mm travel? (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.