Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Hotel living…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

…can have its advantages. I just had someone make me the most incredible fillet steak. I’m struggling to get my head round how anything could taste so marvellous. I felt like weeping.

What a wonderful thing fillet steak is.

Stu_N

just don’t get too into hotel living, or you won’t get your trousers round your waist, and then you’ll feel like weeping then as well.

still, as a one-off, it’s no bad.

have you checked out the pay TV yet? 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I both live in a hotel in Brazil – except that it’s a bit different there as you can rent them as serviced apartments and we have a little kitchen area. It’s good having a maid to clean each day and she even does our washing up from the night before. Nice friendly staff too. The only downside is that there isn’t a big lounge area and you don’t really have any permanent neighbours.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nip over to Argentina and get a fillet steak

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well Brazil can be quite handy with the steaks so no need to go to Argentina really. But I am not a huge red meat eater these days. Lots of great local places to eat where we live!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Ah haaaaaaaaa

Hohum
    Free Member

Aaaa-ha!

Hotel living reminds me of Alan Partridge, the funniest ever hotel resident ever 🙂

I wish I could link in a photo!

Hohum
    Free Member

“Better check your cone-tract!”
    “What’s the plural of Lexus?”

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Actually, Sophie, there’s an issue I’ve been meaning to raise for the last two weeks. You know those little soaps you leave in the bathroom? Well, they will withstand, at best, one aggressive body scrub. They start up the size of mini-Frisbees, and they end up like actual size paracetamol.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My ex employer did it with me, on one occasion, living in the same hotel room for a full 7 months when I was only 19, even at that age I got fed up with fancy restaurant food and hotels very quickly. Generally staying in hotels, living out of a suitcase and playing the young exec. was a novelty for only a very short time and I did it for 4 years.

Hohum
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Actually, Sophie, there’s an issue I’ve been meaning to raise for the last two weeks. You know those little soaps you leave in the bathroom? Well, they will withstand, at best, one aggressive body scrub. They start up the size of mini-Frisbees, and they end up like actual size paracetamol.

Who is Sophie?

Never heard of that name before on here 😕

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think she was a character in Alan Partridge but I could be wrong if that isn’t a quote from the show.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Hotel life sucks! Spent months in hotels in the past. Just hate ’em!

white101

character from partridge

I spend at least 2 nights a week in hotels travelling around with work, it was good fun 6 years ago. Now I feel like steve martin in planes trains and automobiles when he bunks up with john candy,

EDIT: not that i bunk up with anybody! not done hot bunking since I left the navy

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sophie : Can’t you use two?

Alan : I suppose that could work…

*mimes washing himself with a soap in each hand in unnecessary detail*

Hohum
    Free Member

simonralli2 – Member
    I think she was a character in Alan Partridge but I could be wrong if that isn’t a quote from the show.

I now remember.

She was also on a later all female BBC comedy programme called Drop The Dead Donkey.

I remember now.

I think I should go to bed.

grumm
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re not pillows!!!!!

Whoa, see the game last night?

white101

smell my cheese, smell my cheese

EDIT: whoa! just saw deadlys post, the above is a partridge quote before my flimsy reputation falls apart

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

white101, you disgust me 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

just don’t get too into hotel living, or you won’t get your trousers round your waist

I’m dead lucky with this hotel – it’s got a really cheap corporate rate but it’s lovely, and as a secondary bonus the food is top notch stuff which consequently means small portions and little starch. Which really helps! In other hotels I’ve piled on the weight…

Plus it’s only Mon-Thurs, and it’s in Farnborough so the biking’s good.

Drac

Right that’s tonight’s tea sorted then off for some fillet soon.

And I do a mean steak even if I do say so myself, might have a few garlic king prawns with it. 😛

djglover
    Free Member

You can keep your fillet steak and your corporation tax mate. I prefer PAYE and the bussom of my famile 😉

pjt201
    Free Member

Ho hum – Member
    simonralli2 – Member
    I now remember.

She was also on a later all female BBC comedy programme called Drop The Dead Donkey.

I remember now.

I think I should go to bed.

I think you mean Smack the Pony, Drop the Dead Donkey was the show about globalinc news…

molgrips
    Free Member

The reason I’m doing it is so that I can take my family on some kick ass adventures in the future. Hopefully 🙂

skidartist
    Free Member

Smack the Pony, Drop the Dead Donkey

Is it fiesta time?

Drac

The reason I’m doing it is so that I can take my family on some kick ass adventures in the future. Hopefully

Fighting crime in a dodgy costume and let your kid call people a bunch of ****?

molgrips
    Free Member

No, but it’s not a bad idea 🙂

stumpy01

Lived in hotels when I was working over in Germany.

Novelty lasted about 2 weeks before it became a real chore. Didn’t help that the first hotel was on an industrial estate miles from anywhere and the second one was a nicer place, but in a teeny little village. Eventually moved into a decent hotel about 1 mins walk from a station and it was only 20 mins into the centre of Hamburg. Still a PITA though.

I_Ache
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRvF14kq40[/video]

Drac

2 big fat fillets and 1lb of Pork Sausage sorted, £12. 😀

chiefgrooveguru

“They’ve rebadged it you fool!”

avdave2

Staying at the Prague Hilton at the moment and there is a free bar on the eighth floor!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sophie was played by the lovely Sally Phillips

I went out with a lass who looked a little bit like her. Not as funny though.

They Used To Have An Under-Pant Lining… But its Perished…

philconsequence
    Free Member

got your big plate molgrips?

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry, not following…?

djglover
    Free Member

All you can eat from an 8″ plate, I’ve got 12″

🙂

182 days in a travel tavern

retro83
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Love the scene where Alan’s telling Sophie what the vandals have written on his car, and she is desperately and unsuccessfully trying not to laugh. In fact I do wonder wether Sally Phillips actually was pissing herself for real; I’d have been in bits trying to do anything with Steve Coogan in full flow. I’ve been watching old episodes on YouTube, and it cracks me up. Just brilliant. Coogan’s a genius.

djglover
    Free Member

Ianucci is the genius, Coogan is nothing without him

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Hotel living…’ is closed to new replies.