Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • What are your ambitions or just plans for 2010 on the bike?
  • jimmy

I'm thinking I need some kind of target or challenge for 2010 to keep me motivated to get out on the bike more than 2009. Looking for ideas – from epic tours to DH races. Whatcha doing?

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

enter the Kielder 100 then you have a target!

squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Complete the SDW in a day…

luke
    Free Member

Just ride

uplink
    Free Member
    jimmy

(tangent – i see you work for fgould… which bit / office? just done 3 months internship in London with Sean Lockie)

mojo5pro
    Free Member

To ride some places further a field (and for me that means outside calderdale!).
    Also fancy going to trail centre as never been to one.

jimmy

OK, Kielder sounds brutal. Once I have a job to pay for the entry (and a lighter bike) I'm in.

miketually
    Free Member

I'm doing Hit The North 1.5v2 and Kielder100. There's a NY Moors 100 mile route that I'd like a bash at doing in a day too, and thinking about the C2C in a day too.

Digger90
    Free Member

MTB:
    1. Complete 3 Enduros, each of 4hr-6hrs duration
    2. Usual Alps week's Downhilling (Morzine/Les Gets)

Road:
    1. Complete 4 Sportive's (1 Spring, 2 Summer, 1 Autumn)

The above goals will be sufficient to ensure that I am riding at least each weekend plus the usual midweek night ride.

carbon337
    Free Member

Kielder 100 for me and something abroad spain/alps etc

mtbfix

I want to do a ride or two from where I am in Oxfordshire down to the seaside. Get out for some longer stuff whilst not abandoning the mrs. and baby too much. A balance has to be found, me thinks.

D0NK

Thinking about signing up for kielder not sure if I can get in enough training (don't wanna take up a place unless there's a resonable chance of me finishing)

Ride more…dunno will have a think about aims over christmas.
    Def a good idea to list some tho, this years aims have pushed me out the door on several occassions when I wouldn't have bothered.

druidh
    Free Member

4 Sportives
    Either Kielder 100 or the Tour de Cairngorms
    A 10-Under event

And lots of touring/camping, both on- and off-road. I had lots of plans for 2009 but they didn't come to much as, despite "retirement", I ended up working more days than normal.

grumm
    Free Member

Just to go out for a ride occasionally would be enough for me.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and compleat the Munros (one to do)

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I'm easing off the gas a little. Spent the last couple of years taking it all too seriously (training and competing), so am looking forward to just enjoying my cycling more. At least for the first half of 2010.

Can't wait 😀

pennine
    Free Member

Just be able to ride would be nice. Not ridden for last 6 weeks due to back problems.

Aidan
    Free Member

The Tour Divide, Sarn Helen Trail, Teddington Lock DJs, and now that I know pro BMX rider… ride some BMX.

warton
    Free Member

kielder 100
    kielder marathon series
    hitthenorth 1.5
    cheshire cat, cyclone and tour of the peaks sportives
    some big rides on the road bike, would love to get in a double century…

RHSno2
    Free Member

Do the whole enduro series

http://www.tribesportgroup.com/enduro/

Try and do well.

Non bike I hopefully will do the Patrouilles Des Glaciers from Zermatt to Verbier in around 12-13 hrs.

paul78
    Free Member

I'm setting up to do the hottest, coldest and highest races in the world… Arrowhead 135 in feb, then Yak Attack in March and then Simpson Desert Challenge Sept…

Definately gonna be back to do Kielder 100 if its doesn't clash and try and break the top 10..

…then in 2011 i will be mostly curled up in a ball recovering from 2010..

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Moab, Mega, Whistler all planned ..plus as much DH riding as I can squeeze in 🙂

13thfloormonk

I've got a 20 day off road tour through the north-west highlands planned and booked, about 15 50km days with days off to climb hills etc. Still think I should be doing more distance each day but it would mean missing out on places I want to stop and see.

Also want to make another attempt at the West Highland Way in a day, got mates interested this year and know that I should be leaving earlier than 5am (who'd have thought it!).

organic355
    Free Member

I would like to do my 1st XC race, but not sure where to start (in Scotland).

enduro-aid
    Free Member

fort william world cup downhill route at least a full day of runs

and to start commuting to work aswell its 21 km each way which isnt too bad but its a brutal constant hill climb on the return route

also either the avalanche enduro at AE or the selkirk meridia

hora
    Free Member

Only one: Mega Avalanche on my Blur 4x

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Buy/build a moutain bike and ride it/improve my skills on one.

RAB – which I'm in two minds about pros: a nice 'easy' supported entry to multiple day distance cycling/touring. cons: expensive and possibly sharing said journey with people I don't get on with.

Maybe a late summer sportive as well.

Got to get the hassle/expense of moving out of the way in the new year first though. 🙁

yossarian
    Free Member

plans are to actually ride a bit more! 2 kids under the age of three have seriously curtailed my riding this year and left me just doing an 80odd mile commute each week.

Things are calming down at home now and my wide has started running and aikedo again so I should have a bit more time for riding too.

Am getting a singular swift in the next few days (HURRY UP SAM!) and probably a cool bianchi road bike on the cycle to work scheme in the spring so new shiny things to ride should (hopefully) make 2010 a good year for riding!

tinsy
    Free Member

Tiny Tins is due in March, I will be restricted, am going to Morzine in July, and wouldnt mind another crack at D2D solo, and would like to better my local race series placing, but would think chances of riding a lot are slim so the racing will be impared, but looking forward to my little lad making an appearance more than anything…. 🙂

Spookily will be calling the new arrival Jimmy as long as the scans were right or it might be Jimelina!

GaryLake
    Free Member

I'm doing my first 24 hour solo – shoudl be enough to keep me busy.

tootallpaul

Get a bike out to Ethiopia and ride around a bit…

Trekster

Get BP sorted(Doc tomorrow)
    Get back sorted
    Maybe do a Lev 2 BC coach award
    Get some miles in

Do not usually do events but this year;
    Some trailquests
    Keilder
    Hardrock Challenge
    Kirry 10
    Get out to more of the fanylion weekend rides

Working weekends kinda restricts events a bit as does looking after 2 grand kids on the weekends I am off

sunchaser
    Free Member

Would like to do a century on the road.

peachos
    Free Member

i want to jump over a canal

shortbaldone
    Free Member

i did lands end to john o groats 3 years ago in june following a recovery in hospital and initial diagnosis. raised 20k for leukemia research at the time, took 8 days and was an amazing experience. since then had a bit of a struggle through some nasty chemo this year combined with the missus of 21 years calling it a day and taking my kids so all in all 2009 has been about as bad as it can get.
    point is therefore 2010, i have to make good, great if possible.
    after end to end difficult to find anything but am in and running london although will be tight as just now about able to start gentle training.
    would REALLY like to take my road bike from milan to munich tho, over the alps. i may be organising something for june along those lines, anyone else up fo it? i will be doing it for macmillan and my company may help by providing van, minibus, fuel and possibly driver etc be looking at 6-7 days i estimate, 680km only i think but obviously a bit lumpy!!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

I have entered HtN 1.5, Whinlatter Enduro, SSEC, and Keilder100 so they are defo's, think im going to do them all on a SS, i had hoped to return to cycle speedway again, but broke my ankle at the recent Indoor Champs in Manchester has put paid to that i think…. id also like to some Road races and some Track now i have a track bike again….but we shall see.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ride more. As simple as that.

Being a single parent really **** with your riding.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Jimmy – do you mean me (fgould)?

Goldigger
    Free Member

A skid…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘What are your ambitions or just plans for 2010 on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.