Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What are you up to today?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’m going to have a day of chill waiting for the Grand Prix, a bit of work as and when and not much else.
    You?

trailmonkey

was going out on the mtb but can’t be arsed so going out on the road bike in a bit.

how’s the eye ds ?

donsimon
    Free Member

Fine now thanks. The grit is out but still feels a bit strange.

Bregante

I’m going to try out my new leaf blower in the garden at Bregante Towers. Rock and Roll 🙄

Sandwich

Off to Los Cristianos market then Barachito time. Winter sun is ace

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m off to the Downhill track to get some more filming done so I can finish off the edit I’m doing. 😀 It’s surprising how much you need to film to put together a good edit with no padding.

sc-xc

Off to watch my son’s football match, then perhaps a little training later on. Today is last drinking until the 17th Dec, so may have a couple of glasses of wine..

forge197
    Free Member

Up since 6am bit of lie in, just in the gym stepper and hour on exercise bike, then head into Chester for Lunch, Grand Prix this pm, tidy garage a bit and some bike fetlling, may even book eurostar for morzine 2012 🙂

Was going to ride but fancied a day doing something different

brooess
    Free Member

Riding STW rather than real singletrack cos i’ve got a cold 🙁
    But got lots of work reading to do so no bad thing staying in…

easygroove
    Free Member

Bed soon….its sunday night here and it has been a warm one, 30c …..had two surfs today and gave my boy a surf lesson

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Either outdoor climbing at st jean d’aulps or indoor in chamonix… Waiting for snow to arrive 🙁

colournoise

Sitting here feeling sorry for myself (just getting over a virus and have done nothing since getting home from work Friday but sleep and loll around feeling totally tired, also have a recurrence of the mysterious and never-quite-properly-diagnosed foot pain I had earlier in the year). Watching TV now, got to go and visit Grandfather-in-Law in Skegness later so will miss F1, then more sitting on the sofa with my foot aching until I go to bead early again.

Long time since I felt I had such a wasted weekend.

slainte 🙁 rob

Sue_W
    Free Member

After the excitement of yesterday’s rather full-on weather in the mountains, am going to have a quieter day today. Bailing on going mtb’ing on Conwy mtn (sorry vortexracing!), instead about to head out for a road ride with a friend up the more sheltered Conwy valley to Betws for a panad, and then probably back above Llanwrst if the wind has dropped by then.

Lovely and sunny here – far too nice to stay in!

darrell
    Free Member

seriously pants weather here on the Norwegian west coast. Got a cr4ppy ear infection so no riding but been to the gym this morning and as the missus is away i’ll probably waste the afternoon playing Skyrim

cynic-al
    Free Member

My to-do list:

1. try not to drink too much.
    2. ebay my vinyl related hi-fi (no insertion fee today)
    3. finish off my picture rail.
    4. tidy up my dump of a flat.
    5. if the hurricane subsides (looks OK actually) get a ride in.
    6. see some pals for a beer.
    7. do some aralditing – including repair of those forks.

I’ll be doing well to achieve 4 of those I reckon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No biking this weekend as it’s been totally beer fuelled!! Saying that I nipped to the shops on it last night to get a bottle of lemonade! 🙄
    Off to a christmassy fair thing in a bit to see the oldies who have a stall there!
    Pretty **** then!!

yossarian
    Free Member

Bright and breezy down here in the Kent coast. My missus has taken the kids out for a spot of shopping and a trip to the zoo. I have loads of homework for my masters to get stuck into, so obviously I’m surfing the net and doing other stuff at the minute 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Same thing I do every Sunday: marking and wishing I was riding my bike.

Travis

waiting for the wifes water to break (baby due date was 5 days ago)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Little urban pootle this arvo, then back in time for watch footy, then recorded F1GP. 🙂

Ooh and I need to buy some Spaghetti. Noodle Bolognaise isn’t quite right, somehow… 😳

_tom_
    Free Member

Recovering from a very messy birthday night out. Going out for a meal in the evening.

tazzymtb

drilling a fat rim

then I may do some bike related stuff

higthepig
    Free Member

Working today, 9am-9pm. Nearly got blown off my bike on the way into work, hopefully the weather will calm a little for the commute home. Got a TV lined up for the GP, the commentary will be in German though, thanks RTL!

skiboy
    Free Member

said to myself last night that if i woke natrually and in time i would ride with the boys in woburn..fail.. didn’t wake until 815am and thats ’cause one of them text me to see where i was !!!

2nd week failed to make it but have been working 60 hrs a week for 12 weeks on the trot so need to get some rest sometime..only a few more weeks of long hrs left then back to normal..yippee

just washed my road bike for work…soon going out with the girls to the park, will be taking my sovereign with flatties to try my new 5.10’s out, bunny hops wheelie practice etc..

then back to the house to build the fire, light it and get ready for the final redbull win of the year.

still howling a gail outside but at least the suns out 🙂

weirdnumber
    Free Member

My to-do list:

2. ebay my vinyl related hi-fi (no insertion fee today)

What are you selling?

My day, catching up on my reading list, eating junk food and watching the GP.
    Bit of tidying later and probably tweak my speaker positioning slightly again since I’m not 100% happy with it in my new flat.
    If I still have some time to spare then probably give the oven a clean.

montylikesbeer

just back from a very windy ride with clients in Rossendale, brrr v v cold today but cracking views.

cynic-al
    Free Member

@WN: TD 160 Mk2, Valhalla, well used etile, RB300, DNM start, dnm cables.

racefaceec90

am currently playing oblivion on my 360 (completed main quest in skyrim early this morning 😉 and dreaming about road bikes (particularly a genesis equilibrium 20,that i hope the bike shop i go to can order one 😀

weirdnumber
    Free Member

@WN: TD 160 Mk2, Valhalla, well used etile, RB300, DNM start, dnm cables.

Upgrading or being made obsolete? That Thorens is probably older than me! Nice to see equipment lasting so long though.

sambob
    Free Member

2 Geography essays and 1 psychology essay to write.

bigG
    Free Member

Washing, hoovering and generally tidying up my car as it’s being replaced on Tuesday. Apparently two years worth of muddy tire prints across the back seats isn’t considered “reasonable wear & tear”

Oh, and making Christmas cake (four weeks late)

Drac

Soaking in the bath after a cold wIndy ride then lie on the bed catch up on emails. Maybe after I’ll have a tipple elbow before playing some video games.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Went for a run, now back to work while watching F1.

john_drummer
    Free Member

some wine to bottle. sweep up all the leaves & put them in the green bags.
    change the lightbulb over the front door. change the bulbs in the driveway lights.

all now done bar the wine. should be 4 bottles of Pinot Grigio when done (last of a batch of 15 bottles that for some reason simply wouldn’t clear. Clear now though)

Harry_the_Spider

Swimming lesson with the boy (4 years and 1 month and he can do 10m!).

Family trip to the park including chips at the lake.

Clean the two dirtiest cars in The World.

toab
    Free Member

Today i have cleaned my room, read three chapters of the plague by albert camus, baked 2 loaves of bread, made a tiny meccano biplane and spent half an hour trying to practice proper over arm tennis serve (now the neighbours have all my tennis balls). I havn’t had a sunday like that since i was 12. Can’t decide now whether to go for a run or dig out the dr who dvds.

john_drummer
    Free Member

wine is now bottled. 4 full bottles & enough the the fifth for a large glass.

I’m now waiting for the beer* to finish fermenting so I can bottle that & use the fermenting bin(s) for the next batch of wine – 15 bottles of merlot, hmmmm

* batch 1 – pale ale from a Coopers kit with added cascade hops
    * batch 2 – Coopers European Lager. Both started at the same time, the pale ale has finished & is now dry hopping for 2 more days before bottling, but the lager is still fermenting

oldgit
    Free Member

Cyclocross
    Din dins
    Tele
    Bed.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Thought about doing a bit of tidying.
    Went for a run.
    Fell down the stairs.
    Laid on my back for a while.
    Decided to tidy the stuff on the stairs
    Went down the pub.
    Thinking about bottling up the cider.
    Probably leave it a while longer.

Crag
    Free Member

Took the kids for their swimming lessons this morning, followed by chippy sunday dinner.
    Have spent the last 4 1/2 hours at work studying (read surfing internet) for my exam a week tuesday.
    Decent morning, shit afternoon.
    Going home shortly to crack open the Henry Westons. Intentions of going for a run first but tbh I’ll just end up getting drunk on strong cider instead.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What are you up to today?’ is closed to new replies.