Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What are the trails at eastridge shropshire like?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi
    I have heard that the trails at eastridge are worth a ride, anyone been there recently? we are interested in all riding so long as its not too flat!

Ta

Xc

16stonepig
    Free Member

If the recent Gravity Enduro is anything to go by, they’re aces.

martinh
    Free Member

+1

and certainly not at all flat

Esme
    Free Member

Here’s a map for you 🙂

getonyourbike
    Free Member

The trails are very good, you should be able to find the gravity enduro stages if you have a look and they’re not at all flat and smooth.

LeeW

Pretty good, loose rocks and rooty in places. I much prefer it there compared to Cannock. I was there last Friday almost all day and saw one walker. Not another bike on the trails.

I park at Snailbeach village hall – toilet block with an honesty box for parking.

Speshpaul

Eastridge is a hill, so you will be either going down or going up wishing you were going down.
    If you fancy a big day out, tie Er in with the stiperstones and the Long Mynd.

mrhoppy

It’s fine as long as you ignore the route markings, you seem to spend a lot of time riding up what would be fun descents and then losing the height in straight drops. Go out explore, get lost a bit and there is some really good riding to be found.

geologist
    Free Member

I believe eastridge is great! Im in Ludlow and have not ridden there yet. Have you tried Bringewood/Mortimer forest near ludlow, (only 30 mins away)?

I cannot believe how much quality singletrack riding can be fitted into 2 hours there. Its much better. or should I say different to the peak district I have just moved from.

If you fancy a ride there, I’d be more than happy to show you around.

AirconAde
    Free Member

Eastridge is a fantastic spot to base a ride around. It’s got whatever you want DH, Enduro DH , xc, and more natural single track than you can shake a stick at right on it’s doorstep.
    There must be a reason why they have run every type of race event from there over the years. Only this year I know that they have run the CRC enduro through there, held a DH enduro and many dh events there in the last year alone.
    When you get tired of the woods you can nip up onto the Stiperstones without touching any tarmac and loose a good few hours buzzing around some good rocky natural trails.
    We ride out from there most Thursday nights for a couple of hours of good riding easily covering 15-20 miles and getting in a good 3000 ft of climbing.
    I would recomend starting from the Stiperstones Inn for no other reason than it’s a good place to finish off the ride, not only for the good beer but also the fantastic VFM food.

If ever you want to come along on a ride drop me a pm and I can let you know a time and place etc.
    Ade

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What are the trails at eastridge shropshire like?’ is closed to new replies.