Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what are the torque settings for a 2009 marin wolf ridge quad link bolts?
  • mrbump
    Free Member

i found a 2008 doc. that states 18nm which seems high. the 2012 doc. for quad link states 8nm. ive tried 14nm but i now have a bad creak.

CHB

nip em up then add a nadge more for luck….that’ll do.
    Torque settings is fur sutherners.

mrbump
    Free Member

i find correct torque setting usually save me money and less time with my bikes on the workstand .

martinxyz
    Free Member

Whit wiz that?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Creak may be from the replaceable dropouts on the back of the swing arm, take them off, grease the mating surface and then do up the weird (very expensive) allen bolt and collar things using some thread lock.

mrbump
    Free Member

@ming
    that is very helpful thanks.this could be the problem as i removed the drop outs for a clean at the same time as i serviced the linkage, but did’nt think to grease the mating surface.

Dibbs
    Free Member
    Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Oh and do them up “Harrier” tight as well.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The allen key bolts are just common or garden chainring bolts, so replacement is dead easy.

Threadlock is your friend. Despite regularly checking mine, they invariably loosen and the resulting creak drives me potty until I remember to retighten mid ride.

On the PJM scale, it’s a case of doing them up b*st*rd tight. You’re tightening against sturdy blocks of 1/2″ thick aluminium so over torquing shouldn’t be an issue unless you plan to use ally chainring bolts in an ill advised attempt to pimp the dropouts.

The PJM torque scale is as follows:

Race Face cranks = #@*% tight
    Marin droputs = B*st*rd tight
    Chainring bolts, Shimano crank arms = Damn tight
    FSR Pivot bolts, Truvativ ally crank bolts = Pretty tight
    Stem bolts, lock on grips = Tight
    Brake levers, shifters, headset tensioner etc = not quite as tight
    Shimano Hollowtech O/s axle tension, pedal threads = just nipped up nicely.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what are the torque settings for a 2009 marin wolf ridge quad link bolts?’ is closed to new replies.