Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What are the cheap but good AM/mini down hill frames
  • GEDA
    Free Member

I currently am riding a Cannondale Prophet but would like to build up a bigger skill compensator. I really do want a skill compensator so I can practise bigger jumps, drops and sketchier lines and want something that can soak up the like. I skill need to be able to bike to the top but do not want to win any races.

I was thinking something like a Titus El Guapo or Nukeproof, second hand Reign. I suppose slack would be better but needs to be able to be chucked around and nice to jump on. I suppose the biggest drops that I would like to be doing are 6-7 foot currently built some 4 foot drops to flat in the garden that I ride on my hardtail but would like to go a bit bigger. Humm maybe I have talked myself into buying a load of wood and building a few bigger drops to a ramp instead. Would be cheaper.

BoardinBob

Big Hit
    Reign X
    Patriot
    Stinky

chakaping
    Free Member

What’s your budget then?

Stevelol
    Free Member

SX Trail.

monkeyninja
    Free Member

Commencal supreme mini dh…perfect for that riding and it pedals really well..heavy frame though but strong!

rocketman
    Free Member

Scott Voltage FR?

GEDA
    Free Member

Maybe 1000 but that would need to cover forks and frame at least

tmb467
    Free Member

Got an 06 Enduro frame for sale in good nick for 290

You can put 160mm forks on there and blast it – shock has been shimmed to give a lot more support in the mid stroke

Edit: in medium

kimbers
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What are the cheap but good AM/mini down hill frames’ is closed to new replies.