Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • What a tosser!
  • pickle
    Free Member

rode Afan over the weekend and was amazed at how much rubbish people throw away around the trails.

Empty water bottles, gel wrappers and so on…….you brought it with you, take it home!

chrispo
    Free Member

After trawling through three gazillion overwrought posts I finally got it – tosser, tossing the tube. Very good, OP. Good job I’m not quite as slow on the bike.

bearnecessities

Double standards on stw. Where was the outrage when people on here were releasing balloons in to the air??

Context.

Yes I will still keep going on about it

Fill your boots; pretty low though.

Houns

Riiiight so it’s ok to litter as long as it’s for a good cause/in someones memory

Gotcha 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

Riiiight so it’s ok to litter as long as it’s for a good cause/in someones memory

I think it’s more that it’s ok to disapprove of people releasing balloons in memory of a loved one (I’m guessing that’s what you’re on about here), but try not to be a sanctimonious arse about it.

dannyh
    Free Member

Fill your boots; pretty low though.

Yes, but I think that’s the intention.

No one reasonable would bring that up on this thread. Note use of the word ‘reasonable’. The two are poles apart and if you can’t see that then you are beyond help. If you can, you are trolling.

For me, this thread has run its course. If you want to act like a peasant and chuck rubbish around and think it’s clever then you’re a prat. Simple.

aracer
    Free Member

chakaping has it – plenty of us disapprove of releasing balloons even if its in memory of a loved one, but those of us mature enough to disapprove of such things also appreciate the insensitivity of commenting about it. If the chap in the vid in the OP was throwing his tube into the tree as a memorial, then clearly we’ve all been very insensitive.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Its not uncommon now to get Balloons for memorials that are made from Latex, which is biodegradable, But I still get your point.

STW would be a better place if the Mods gave a shite and stopped blatant trolling.

Anyway before I get into old man style rant I’m off to ride my bike. If I see a tube I’ll be removing it.

Kryton57

I’ve scoured this thread for Edukator, for their isn’t enough righteousness.

Maybe he’s on holiday.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I think he’s on an “enforced” holiday.

igm

Thinking about it most of my totally shot inner tubes get reused as chain stay protectors, soft shims etc. I once used one to mend a boiler – kept it going for a few weeks until I could get it replaced.

That’s a useful resource that lad’s chucking away.

sefton
    Free Member

why why why, why do it? why film it? why spend time uploading it? such a waste of every ones life’s!

aracer
    Free Member

You missed one:

why argue about it?

asherh
    Free Member

The video has now been removed by the user…

Drac

STW would be a better place if the Mods gave a shite and stopped blatant trolling.

We do and may have had a cull.

dannyh
    Free Member

Hmmmm, I thought we were missing pussywillow’s constructive contributions today.

Oh well, never mind.

nealglover
    Free Member

The video has now been removed by the user…

Members on here then ? who I doubt will reveal themselves 😉

Drac

It could be the amount messages he’d get about people writing abusive comments.

Jamie
    Free Member

We do and may have had a cull.

We lost a good man in that cull 🙁

lowey

Members on here then

probably not as its been liberally plastered over just about every facebook MTB group also.

nealglover
    Free Member

??

asherh
    Free Member

Members on here then ? who I doubt will reveal themselves

When you upload videos to the Tube you can track where the hits are coming from – it’s likely that he saw a great spike over the last few days from STW! At least the evidence is now gone before the Daily Mail or similar could get their hands on it and tarnish us all with the same brush.

bearnecessities

We lost a good man in that cull

Badger?

IGMC

Trampus
    Free Member

He’s been named on the Gisburn Forest MTB Trail Development facebook page if anyone is still interested! 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘What a tosser!’ is closed to new replies.