Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • What a massive crock
  • KonaTC

Based on the 80’s if the weather is good then expect more disruption this.weekend 🙁

kevj
    Free Member

EDIT,

As you did.

Again, if you address the bigger problem, then yes, this has been avoided for years. otherwise people who commited serious crimes would still be inside were they belong.

It is sickening that people who have no personal links with these people who commit senseless crimes appear to defend them based on left political views.

How do WE fix this? Caring for them will not work. Hating them makes them worse?

I recently watched a documentary about ex cons in America who fight fires and have a common cause. I appreciate we so not provide this tobut we also don’t provide a way out.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Basically all the wet liberal stuff. But with a random shoeing thrown in every few months, just to keep the bastards on their toes

lol. I like that!

kimbers

really dont know what to say about this, cameron is a disgrace springs to mind,
    even sadder that people are actually stupid enough to think this is a good idea (and some of them even post on stw)

druidh
    Free Member

I’m really struggling to comprehend how anyone could think that this was a good idea – even if the 17 year old was subsequently found guilty 😕

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It is sickening that people who have no personal links with these people who commit senseless crimes appear to defend them based on left political views.

What personal links with looters do you have ? Is it on a professional level – or do just happen to know some looters ?

BTW the woman they are attempting to tuft out of her home hasn’t committed any “senseless crimes”.

And oh, well done for trying to turn this into a left/right issue …… that’s always useful and constructive.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is sickening that people who have no personal links with these people who commit senseless crimes appear to defend them based on left political views

Could you explain to me how making the mother, of someone accused of an offence, homeless leads to a better society ?

I appreciate we so not provide this tobut we also don’t provide a way out.

best not with my typing skills, very rocky ground for me

kevj
    Free Member

I have no personal links thank you for your mis construal. If you read my opinion, you will see I abhor such behavior. It is my disbelief that you are able to sympathize.

A 17 year old should have the moral upstanding not to commit such crimes. Or do you wish to accuse me further so that I am further in the wrong?

Moonhead
    Free Member

When I first heard this news I saw the councils point, and as the family breached the contract they signed with council they are in the unfortunate position of defending themselves against councils eviction request in the courts.

However on reflection I don’t believe this action is constructive, yes it is sending a message but I think it’s the wrong one. I think it will alienate people when what we need, in my opinion, is to be building bridges and listening to peoples needs.

kevj
    Free Member

Junkyard, Sorry, my phone seems to adjust my typing and not always in my favour. Tis a ball-ache to correct.

Kevevs
    Free Member

and as the family breached the contract they signed with council

prove it! I doubt you can. are you another person just saying stuff?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is my disbelief that you are able to sympathize.

well the mother now has a charged son and her home is under threat due to someone else’s actions. Sympathising with her is not sympathising with rioters for she is not a rioter …. one would think this was a quite important point.

Moonhead
    Free Member

prove it! I doubt you can.

The son was convicted of a criminal offense today, apparently that was enough to constitute a breach of contract.

Can you prove otherwise? Are you just saying stuff too??

kevj
    Free Member

And in answer to your question, it does not make a better society. However, there has to be a starting point at which this behavior stops. It is a blend of listening and a enforced rule that it cannot be tolerated.

Simply allowing this to go on is not acceptable .

The opinions I have expressed are exactly that, opinions, not a **** ‘how to fix ****’ bible.

Some of the rhetoric spoken by our government in the light of events makes sense. Punish them in a way they will feel punished.

Ffs stop having an go at me and try to address the reasons why this happened. It didn’t happen near me or by me, but yes, I am entitled to an opinion.

Kevevs
    Free Member

charged. not convicted.

Moonhead
    Free Member

And being charged is enough! I doubt the council would start legal proceedings unless they thought it was.

Kevevs
    Free Member

so charge someone with something and their mum should lose their home? nice. that makes perfect sense to me. Notice you use “I doubt”.

kevj
    Free Member

@ ernie,

Were you directly affected?

I suggest if you were your attitude would be somewhat different.

<fact>

Moonhead
    Free Member

Look, Kevevs I don’t agree with what they are doing! Read my first post.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh, ok, came into it late 😉 soz. no worries.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no personal links

What you on about then, when you say : “It is sickening that people who have no personal links with these people who commit senseless crimes appear to defend them” ? You have no links with them either, but apparently you’re entitled to an opinion – how does that work then ? 😕

It is my disbelief that you are able to sympathize.

Again, what are you on about ? I do not sympathise with those who trashed my town and left it looking like a war zone.

It doesn’t however automatically follow that I think that a woman, who quite likely has enough problems already, should be turfed out of home. Why would it ?

BTW if you think it’s such a good idea, would you like the government to urge private landlords to also turf out the relatives of those who are guilty of breaking the law ? Perhaps they could pass some legislation – or are they somehow special ?

Moonhead
    Free Member

Its all good 🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

Morals and standards in society have been under a twin pronged attack from consumerism on one side and bloody liberals controlling the penal system on the other for decades. Since the second world war I think.

These folk don’t want to be rehabilitated, they don’t want to be part of the society that supplies what they take. Euthanize them I say. From my experience of working in the benefits system there is a very clear passing of the problem from one generation from the next. Eviction isn’t the answer but at least it starts with E. The underclass needs a final solution 👿 😯 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

sorry mate, had a re -read 😳

Moonhead
    Free Member

No worries! all good fun debating stuff!!

look, DC is a posh, naive, priviledged bloke with no idea about ordinary people living ordinary lives.

+1!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

There isn’t an argument. teh law is the law. for everyone the same. why stretch it for rioters and contract it for MP’s illegal expenses. It is the same for everyone right?. It should be objective but proportional. I think the Tellybox vision of people breaking the law, smashing up highstreets on camera with fire is far more visible than a bunch of MP’s or bankers destroying society by other means.

kevj
    Free Member

@ sarnies . Are you able to read and digest words? The first occasion I thought I had commited a faux pas, but on reflection, it appears you have not read all of the words, or if indeed you have, you have been unable to comprehend them. Shame. Re read what I have said. To simmarize;

The culprit is indeed the child. The child has zero moral upstanding. The person responsible, unfortunately is the parent. Punishing the child will not work. 2+2 etc.

RichPenny
    Free Member

bloody liberals controlling the penal system on the other for decades. Since the second world war I think.

Quite impressive, being able to achieve that level of control despite not actually being in government at any time since the second world war, until this inspid coalition effort.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

despite not actually being in government at any time since the second world war

What about Thatcher – wasn’t she liberal ? She was in power for quite a while.

Northwind

Waderider – Member

Morals and standards in society have been under a twin pronged attack from consumerism on one side and bloody liberals controlling the penal system on the other for decades.

We have a pretty illiberal prison system- in fact england and wales have more prisoners per cap than any other country in europe.

The reason prison isn’t working is that, well, prison doesn’t work. Worldwide, people given a custodial sentence are 7% more likely to reoffend, and longer sentences increase that further. in the UK, 44% of people given a community sentence reoffend within 2 years, compared to 56% given a custodial sentence. So prison increases crime. Not a floppy liberal position this, our tory Solicitor General agrees.

It’s also largely regarded as an ineffectual deterrant.

Non-custodial options are less expensive (on average, around 1/10th as expensive apparently) and more succesful.

But, prison feels better, it’s nice to get some revenge and see an offender suffer, and it sells well to the public. So we have a huge prison population, and an underfunded probation service, and rehabilitation is a dirty word. The system isn’t designed to prevent crime. That’s not all that liberal really.

Junkyard
    Free Member

And in answer to your question, it does not make a better society.

Ok so it does not make things better Shall we consider that to be good or bad?

However, there has to be a starting point at which this behavior stops.

yes starting point for stopping with you so far

It is a blend of listening and a enforced rule that it cannot be tolerated.

Yes I can tell you are both listening and enforcing

Simply allowing this to go on is not acceptable .

Yes i agree soverreactions must stop now after all they dont make things better.

The opinions I have expressed are exactly that, opinions, not a **** ‘how to fix ****’ bible.

Punish them in a way they will feel punished.

I agree any fool can see that to punish someone you would need to punish them in a way that was actually a punishment.
    However I have yet to have it explained how punishing a person who did not commit a crime helps here though ..in fact even you accept it wont so why would you want to do it?

Ffs stop having an go at me and try to address the reasons why this happened. It didn’t happen near me or by me, but yes, I am entitled to an opinion.

Who has said you cant have an opinion? I would say you are entitled to hold and freely express your strongly held and ill conceived view that doing something that wont make it better is the perfect way to make things better after the riots.

kevj
    Free Member

So we all agree, tackle the problem at its root. Children at the age if seven plus? If all parents gave a shit and taught their kids morale then maybe we would be in a better place? Or have I just made myself a bigger target?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Jebus!

Have none of you read your Candide?

“dans ce pays-ci, il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral pour encourager les autres”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

have I just made myself a bigger target?

Not really, on account that I haven’t a clue what you’re saying. What does “Children at the age if seven plus?” mean ?

Moonhead
    Free Member

7 or over and subject to the full force of the law??

enfht
    Free Member

So Ernie if you think this is overKILL, what did your hero Che used to do to people he didn’t like very much?

Genuine question, like

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So Ernie if you think this is overKILL,

No, not overkill, more of a complete irrelevance.

A bit like you really.

Kevevs
    Free Member

what you on about Z-11?

kevj
    Free Member

Junkyard, why would it not work?

If were a bad parent then I would not care about my own selfish lifestyle and would not at least try to educate my kids.

Whoa there, Sorry, I do try to educate my kids. Hopefully they sill lead a better life than I.

My opinion is far from ill-conceived. It stems from growing up in a very nasty part of town and seeing illegality for what it really is.
    I do not have all of the answeres but I do know that giving a shit for these pricks does not work. Nor will it ever.

Commence ………

RichPenny
    Free Member

I can’t be alone in thinking that we actually aren’t in that bad a place though? There’s always been a tiny minority of society capable of mindless violence and general mayhem. It’s just never been this visible before, and clearly that seems to have attracted the casual opportunist. It’s this group I worry about most tbh, but I think the stricter sentencing is actually likely to deter those people.

Much as I hate to agree with Cameron, perhaps he is right to suggest that the police didn’t treat the looting with the right approach to begin with? Hindsight is a wonderful thing though…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘What a massive crock’ is closed to new replies.