Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • What 32" LCD TV…
  • mikey74
    Free Member

… for around £380? It will also be used with a PS3, as well as…erm…to watch…tv… on :mrgreen:

birdy
    Free Member

Bought this the other day…

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lh4000/lg-32lh40starstar

Seems to be one of the cheapest tv for that size offering full 1080 pixels.

Offers all the inputs you could need, including USB (although it only allows you to view pictures and listen to music)

Overall pretty pleased with it.

mikey74
    Free Member

What's the sound like?

birdy
    Free Member

The sound is OK. I guess, as with most TV's, your best off running it through an AV receiver to get the most out of it.

montylikesbeer

one here from sound and vision a little more expensive though

br
    Free Member

whatever you buy, get it from John Lewis for the 5 year warranty

mikey74
    Free Member

They seem to have a pretty slim selection in my price range and is a 5-year warranty really necessary for a tv?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is a 5-year warranty really necessary for a tv?

maybe not if it still work after 5 years but its free, so why not take it.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

We got this – it's totally awesome for PS3. And it's £300 with free delivery!

Samsung Series 4 450 32" LE32B450 / HD Ready / Freeview / LCD TV (Black)

mikey74
    Free Member

maybe not if it still work after 5 years but its free, so why not take it.

It's not free if the price of the tv is higher in the first place.

Thanks Zed but I'd like something that was 1080p.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

It's '1080 24p Real Movie' – however, I'm not too clued up on what all these terms mean.

PS3 using HDMI on 32" totally rocks though! I was amazed at just how MASSIVELY better it is. Currently addicted to Batman – Arkahm Assylum…..

Hairychested
    Free Member

Samsung series 5? We have a 37" one IIRC and it's great.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Richer Sounds do LG 1080p sets at good prices. A little known fact is that LG have a manufacturers 5 year warranty. Great picture too.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Sony Bravia

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It's not free if the price of the tv is higher in the first place.

That's why JL price match, they will match any other price (apart for internet mail order) and give you a 5yr guarantee.

mikey74
    Free Member

Sony Bravia

Did you not read the part about the price point?

mikey74
    Free Member

Any other suggestions? Does anyone know of any group tests? I have searched but can't seem to find any.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Second the Samsung, I was happy to pay £500 for one so a steal at £300 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Still having trouble deciding – any further suggestions? Are Toshibas any good?

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks, but are they any good?

ntreid
    Free Member

Mikey, we bought a Panasonic 2 or 3 years ago, and I'm still astounded by the quality of picture. Can't recommend it highly enough, got it from Play.

It was a bit like this one:
    http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/6174583/Panasonic-Viera-32-TX-32LXD80-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

afrothunder88

I've got a Toshiba Regza 32", was £310 about 6 months ago. Not Full HD but other than that I think it's pretty spot on. Blu ray's on the PS3 are super crisp.

slim704
    Free Member

sony bravia

tragically1969
    Free Member

You will struggle to buy a bad set at that price range from a big name, they are all pretty much the same in terms of performance, it comes down to what you like the look of and what features you require.

davidrussell
    Free Member

check out av forums for some good advice.

tron
    Free Member

It doesn't really matter. Just get one that works with the sources you have and is cheap. A few years ago there were some LCD tellys with horrible pictures (ie, universal bright orange fleshtones), but now they're much of a muchness. You very rarely sit there going "ooh, Doc Martin would be far more enjoyable if the colours were a bit more vibrant and the blacks were a bit deeper".

spacemonkey

+1 check out AV forums – plenty of expertise on there.

I was asking the same question myself in Dec – did loads of research and opted for a LG LH4010 from Richer Sounds:

> Superb picture with full 1080HD and progressive scan.
    > Audio decent enough for everyday use but we plug it into the downstairs amp for proper sound.
    > Loads of connectivity otions; 3 HDMI, PC/VGA, USB (MP3s, photos, etc), component, 2 SCART, headphones.
    > Freeview.
    > 5 min setup.
    > Loads of customisation options.

Here's another thread on this.

SM

glenp
    Free Member

I've just been through this process, albeit with a slightly higher max price in mind.

Most makes seem to be good – Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony and Philips esp.

At 32" 1080 vs 720 is not really noticeable, although I did get 1080p in the end.

A lot of the extra features such as enhanced motion control etc actually make the picture worse, so need to be turned right down or off.

The single biggest difference in picture quality is set up – under no circumstances settle for the utter crap stock settings, is my advice. Turn the sharpening way down, almost off. Same with dynamic contrast and active backlight gizmos. You can easily get all the latest tellys to be more bright and garish than real life, but why would you?

RustyMac
    mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for all your input folks. The trouble is that everytime I see one that I like I find someone else saying bad things about it, and it's driving me mad.

For example: That Sony one looks great but do a Google search for it and there appears to be loads of people who have had problems with them.

Ahhhhhh damn you Google, damn you all to hell.

slim704
    Free Member

people only leave a review to say the bad about things theres thousands of people that will have the same tv but because they are satisfied they dont leave reviews

edhornby

me and the trouser wearer in our house bought a tv last year and did a load of research, the 1080 thing isn't as important as the refresh rate at 32in, you're better off looking for one that will update at 100hz rather than 50. if you're going to be playing games then the refresh rate is definitely a consideration. we bought a panasonic lxd85 and it was brilliant.

note use of the word was? we got burgled and it was nicked, so we replaced with another panasonic and haven't regretted either decision (we now have the similar model but with the freesat tuner built in)

the panasonic screens are really good, the colour quality is superb and only the sony and to an extent the toshiba and LG are in the same league for panel quality

a bit above the 380 ceiling but how about this?
    http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/539007/PANASONIC-TX-L32X15B/tab/specification

avforums are really good

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘What 32" LCD TV…’ is closed to new replies.