Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • What 2×10 front mech for 42-28 XO cranks and shifter
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

I have a santa cruz nomad C 2011 lime green frame with Truvativ X0 cranks running 42/28 rings.

The shifting has never been smooth and i have always had chain rub on the extremes of the rear cassette on both rings.

yesterday after a ride and a wash it was time to sort out the rub and so stripped her down to take a look.

The PO has paired the setup mentioned with an XT deore front mech that specifically states “not to be used for 2×10” and hence the reason it has not worked properly from day one.

Having had a look at the santa cruz website it would seem sram front mechs are not compatible with santa cruz and so wanted to ask what my options are to get things working properly.

This is what the santa cruz website says

WHAT KIND OF FRONT DERAILLEUR DO I NEED?
    The Nomad requires a 34.9mm top swing (low clamp) top pull front derailleur. Unfortunately due to some cable routing differences, SRAM front derailleurs will not work. Use any of the shimano models except Saint, and you will be fine.

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘What 2×10 front mech for 42-28 XO cranks and shifter’ is closed to new replies.