Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What 26" MTB?
  • lapierrelady

I’m currently riding a Cube AMS 130. I like it, but I was faster on my Lapierre Spicy, probably due to the confidence inspiring slackness. I got new wheels this year which means it’s 26″ but I want more bike!

campfreddie
    Free Member

Yeti SB-66…. a great opportunity to break a few records on maximum spend for a taiwanese-built frame.

i’m loving my £3k build! lol

lapierrelady

Just been looking at that…it does look sweet. That over an Ibis?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Used Bandit, new Covert ? (stw rule of recommend what you’ve got 🙂 ) what forks do you have (assuming you are re-using them)

campfreddie
    Free Member

I was going to buy an Ibis as I’ve always lusted after one, but I am quite tall and the Ibis frames are quite short, and I suddenly realised that they are getting a bit dated aesthetically. I do love the Ibis Ripley though.

matther01
    Free Member

In true STW fashion, this…

[img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2832/12548556275_64892f42c4_c.jpg[/img]]

Excuse the cropped front wheel and moss!

lapierrelady

Moss? Anyone would think it had been a wet winter!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nice build there Matther

SOAP
    Free Member

One of these

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Cotic rocket,
    Yeti and santa cruz are nice as well.

Si
    Free Member

Or this….

[/url] IMAG3568 by Simonhill66, on Flickr[/img]

nonk
    Free Member

I am about to sell my 2013 blur ltc if you are looking second hand ?
    Email in profile if of any interest .
    Cheers

lapierrelady

Some beautiful bikes there improving the view in the office this morning. I should have said that Santa Cruz is a no no, because Mr lapierrelady got there first, and unlike the couple with the matching Orange Fives at Penmachno a couple of weeks ago, I’m not into his ‘n’ hers. I think the answer might be some extensive test riding over the next two months. Off to Norway in August and would appreciate a bigger steed by then.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

mike- what is yours a blur trc? blur tr?

i’d seriously consider one of these to replace my five if i can get one at the right price, they dont seem to be coming down in price anywhere though even though 26″ is on its way ‘out’

roverpig

I thought this looked pretty interesting:

Commencal Meta Hip Hop

I suspect that we’ll see a few manufacturers developing new 26″ bikes over the next few years and selling them as “fun bikes”.

NormalMan

roverpig – Member

I suspect that we’ll see a few manufacturers developing new 26″ bikes over the next few years and selling them as “fun bikes”.

Funnily enough you aren’t the first person over heard this week say that.

jimmyc223
    Free Member

Yep although Id give it probably 2 to 3 years and then back in with the (“all new 26”) fun bikes ha ha

woodsman
    Free Member

It wasn’t that long ago that everyone on here ‘seemed’ to be riding bikes a size too small – 16″ frames (26 wheel of course) for riders 6ft tall. Apparently, it was the way to go. Now, it’s ride a bike a size too big.

I hope the 26 stays through the course of marketing and marketing driven fashion

Just to add big wheels are good – if you’re well, big!

🙂

roverpig

There is clearly a segment of the market that wants new 26″ bikes. It may not be a big segment, maybe not even big enough for the big players to bother with. But, if the demand is there somebody will meet it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What 26" MTB?’ is closed to new replies.