Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What 180mm Fork?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m looking for a 180mm fork with 1 1/8 inch steerer to go on my old Bullit. I don’t mind if they are single or double crown and I’ve about £300 to spend, what would you recommend? Thanks.

xiphon
    Free Member

Domains.

5lab

yep, domain 318s. The 302s are comparitively rubbish

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Is that new or second hand price?
    Totems are that second hand but no cheaper.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’m looking second hand (as I’ll get far more for my money), but that means the choice is massive and I need help narrowing it down!

toys19
    Free Member

Bullit was designed for totems. They go so well with the bullit. Coils.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

oh in that case coil totems, is there any other real choice?

Northwind

Seem to me that it’s Totems, Domains or 66s, and immediatley rule out any Domain that doesn’t have motion control, any 2-step Totems and any 66s with ATA. And then prepare for the frustration of 9/10 Totems being either air or 1.5 steerer. I don’t have a good handle on the Marzocchi options (in particular which ones are bad) so I’m really just looking at Domain 318s and coil Totems.

Domain 302 just seems like an awful idea, I had a 302 Tora and it was just about good enough damping for 100mm of travel used for XC.

steel4real
    Free Member

Exactly – for a 180mm fork there isn’t a bewlidering array for £300.

1. Totem coil (not 2 step air as mentioned above)
    2. Marz 66.
    3. RS Domain.

There aren’t any others out there ?

Northwind

Suntour Durolux, if you’re brave- some people have had good results from them, others have had them constantly fall apart.

toys19
    Free Member

FYI Totem Coils with the DH damper so 2011 (I think) on ebay – but at least they are NEW from a bike shop for £400 clicky ebay

If I was looking for 180 forks these would be a no brainer..

Yetiman
    Free Member

My coil Totems were awesome so they would be my choice if I had to buy again at that budget.

chakaping
    Free Member

+1 coil Totem – amazing fork and £300 is about the going rate for a good s/h one I believe.

glynP
    Free Member

Bos

chakaping
    Free Member

A BOS fork for £300 would be nice.

st

You shpould be able to get a decent condition 2007 Marz 66 RC2X for under £200 if you want to save some cash.

Scruff on this forum dropped on with a set of Air Totems for around 200 quid, they needed a service but since he did this I’ve been amazed at how well they feel and they’ve since been faultless.

jackal
    Free Member

Wouldn’t personally bother with domains myself, had both 302’s and 318’s. The 302’s were awful and the 318’s were ‘ok’. If you want cheap go for an old (2006) pair of 66’s.
    Totems (2010) are £450 at merlin, i’d go for those if you can stretch a little on the funding.

😀

rhid

Shame you aren’t looking for 1.5″ tubed’d ones as I am selling then and my Bullit frame (2008 in small incase anyone is interested)! THey are brilliant forks though, super reliable and never seem to get out of their depth. Spoke to a tech in TFTuned prior to buying them as I was considering 66s and he said hands down Totems.

scruff
    Free Member

Yes I can vouch for £200 odd 2nd hand Totem airs being a good buy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What 180mm Fork?’ is closed to new replies.