Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What 100mm FS Frame
  • righog
    Free Member

Looking to transfer parts from a 100mm Hardtail to a full sus frame, any suggestions what frame apart from epic, anthem, spark ( nothing wrong with these just wanting to know other options).. Oh and not looking to buy just yet,

sefton
    Free Member

turner flux

z1ppy

Cannondale Scapel (RZ with 120mm)
    Felt Edict
    Focus Superbud
    KHS XC
    Kona 2+2
    Marin Rift Zone
    Pronghorn PR6-XC
    SantaCrux Superlight (or Nickel)
    Trek Top Fuel (or EX with 120mm)

righog
    Free Member

Cheers Sefton, good call I checked yours out it looks great in Raw.

righog
    Free Member

z1ppy.. Thanks that’s widend my search quite a bit, I never know what travel the different Santacruz bikes are.

ibnchris

Titus X

z1ppy

I personnally can’t recommend the Superlight enough, great bikes, the frames don’t sell for a huge amount 2nd hand either.

[Opps, the Nickel is actually 125mm travel]

Superlight & Poppies by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Zoolander
    Free Member

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it’s superlight!
    Love mine – can’t fault it

righog
    Free Member

Looks good z1ppy, what fork is that ? ive got a 100 -130mm U turn and a normal 100mm, that i could use, i was hoping that i could use the u turn and use a bit than 100m up front if needed.

Janesy
    Free Member

Specialized Epic?

z1ppy

The U-Turn Reba 80-115mm, I usually run @ 115 as it handles them well, and down to 100mm for climbs. 100mm is better for long/steep climbs and singletrack twisty stuff though, it’s a proper XC bike handling @ that travel though. IIRC Gingerflash used to run a SL with 130mm forks & was happy with the handling – so your Rev’s might be just the job. Personnaly I’d like to get hold of some 120mm Reba Team Maxle for mine

righog
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, my list for E bay is bigger now as there did not seem to be much coming up at the cheaper end, anyway it will have to wait a little while for me as I have spent quite a lot on bikes this month already, but one of my ride buddy’s is also looking so I may get to play with one soon. Cheers all.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

here is my Superlight .I think it’s a great frame, rides well , pedals fantastic up hills etc ! I have 120mm forks upfront just for a little bit more travel for big days out and the frame is only £899 new with float R shock which is a good price for todays standards ! I know its only a single pivot but it does everything I want it to and more :):)

017 by bluerichiepig, on Flickr

megastream
    Free Member

Superlight all the way, love mine it’s awesome

OLD.SKOOL.FOOL
    Free Member

Yeti ASR-SL….. In particular mine which is for sale 😀

Zoolander
    Free Member

Ooh pictures of superlights – ok then!
    Mines great with 120 mm forks. Climbs well (although I do recommend the rp23 shock it certainly helps a tad) and descends well as well. Seems to excel at cross country rides and I’ve not come across any brake jack that some people mention.
    Also I do like the simplicity of it being single pivot – especially as it’ll be ridden all year round.

Santa cruz after sales service is second to none as well.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Race – Pronghorn XC. Fastest bike I’ve ever ridden but the steepness may get to you as your one bike.

Trail (perhaps winding out your U-Turns) – Morewood Zula or Pivot Mach 4. Pivot is a DW Link like the Turner suggested up there so works astonishly well and might mean you won’t miss your hardtail as much…!

druidh
    Free Member

SC Blur XC

liquid
    Free Member

Another one for the SC Superlight love in

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

turner flux – I went to mine from a HT – very good suspension – don’t need propedal and takes square hits very well.

Superlight needs propedal, otherwise it feels very lossy compared.

Anthem X is also probably a good bet, but the flux is way stiffer/solid – but it is 1lb heavier.

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    IMGP3382 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

If you are looking second-hand then consider the Yeti ASR-sl. Very light and amazingly robust.

righog
    Free Member

Great stuff, keep em coming ( i have always had fancied a Yeti)

sssimon
    Free Member

cannondale rush carbon, 120-130mm fork

IMAG0225 by simon gardiner, on Flickr

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What 100mm FS Frame’ is closed to new replies.