Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • West Highland Way
  • highlandman
    Free Member

I’ve been asked by the running community, out of simple interest, if I happen to know what is the fastest verified time for a one way WHW.
    I don’t know the answer; does anyone else?
    I do know what the runners’ course record now is- Terry Conway, 15:39, set on 23rd June this year in vile conditions.

allyharp

Wow that’s impressive! Pretty sure the old record was 15:45, by Jez Bragg.

marty
    Free Member

Pretty sure Steve McInnes knocked out a sub 12 hour a year or so back (same time as Rob Lee attempted the double) and Rab Wardell in just over 12.

Will check about Stevie’s time and post back.

marty
    Free Member

Just under 11.5 hours for Stevie.

highlandman
    Free Member

Marty, thanks for that, I’ll pass that on as an ‘unconfirmed’ for now until I can get some more detail. That quick is pretty impressive, especially as the first third of the distance from the south is going to mean a lot of gates and some lumpy bike hauling. But that said, most sectors of the route have fun sections.

Ally, Jez’ modern course record of 15.44 has stood for several years. We’re hoping we might see both Jez and Terry back next year for a head to head, although naturally it’ll depend on other competition dates.
    Terry finishing in a new record in appalling weather on a weekend with a 31% DNF rate bodes well for the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘West Highland Way’ is closed to new replies.