Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Were you the mountainbiker I photographed on the snowy Pentlands today?
  • robej
    Free Member

Were you the mountainbiker I photographed on the snowy Pentlands this afternoon above Hillend?

If so please email me rob@eyton-jones and I’ll send you the pics.

br
    Free Member

Maybe upload the picture?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Maybe look here? 😆

ferrit
    Free Member

Sweet – that was me! Went over Allermuir on an orange hardtail.

Mail in profile – cheers!

user-removed
    Free Member

BROMANCE #2 😀

robej
    Free Member

Sorry folks, new here and hadn’t worked out how to upload pic until just now. Hope this works:

[/url]Sorry folks, new here and hadn’t worked out how to upload pics.

Drac

Welcome to the forum, guide here on how to post pics..

Forum Help

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

URL is https so will require a login for it to be successfully posted

Junkyard
    Free Member

You need to take the s off https -might be worth adding to guidlines mod

You need to log on to that website to view that link so you cannot link to it

robej
    Free Member

robej
    Free Member

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Not JP then…

ferrit
    Free Member

Not me after all!

bigjim

Ah the lesser spotted Pentlandius stormtrooperi

druidh
    Free Member

That’s a big WTF!!!! from me too 😆

bigjim

I’ve seen a few guys up there on DH rigs in neck braces and all. Judging by some of the Maidens descent times on Strava, thats what they were padding up for.

rs
    Free Member

a full face keeps your head much warmer… i’m sure he’s just out for a little xc ride…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Fullfacer up the pentlands, got me thinking.

I’ve just checked my Strava time on maidens..I’m 6th!!! And I did it on my xc bike! As soon as it dries out I’m going up there with the big bouncer and knee pads. I can smell a KOM 🙂

Gnnnarrrr

glupton1976
    Free Member

There are some DHish trails in the Pentlands somewhere, but that aint it. Thats mincing.

househusband

There was an article in the freebie download magazine ‘Wide Open’ a couple of years ago… had some revealing photos of where these DH tracks *might* be.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OK I’m cynical, but why would you just be wandering up there with a camera, and bump in to a Gnarr rider, take their picture (at least twice) on different parts of the hill, and then come and post the pics on a forum with your name splashed all over them? If you had photographed me when I was Gnarring to the max I would have stopped to ask for your details so I could get a copy.

…unless it was all a set up and you did know the Gnarr rider and this is an add for your awesome photography…

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Send to richie.mccoy@hotmail.com

chiefgrooveguru

I was riding back across the South Downs from sessioning some new off-piste DH tracks we’ve built, with a mate of mine on his big full-sus bike wearing a full-face helmet, me on a hardtail in a normal lid. I pointed out that we’ll probably pass some idiot STWer types who’ll be saying “look at that mincer on an XC ride wearing a full-face, what a plonker, totally overbiked”. Of course those idiots fail to grasp that someone could actually pedal their big bike out over the hills to ride some big descents, including a fairly large ladder drop that gaps over a berm, with such a steep landing and lots of trees to hit that you’d be in serious trouble if it went wrong, however armoured up you were – but better safer than sorrier. If I had the balls to launch off something that big I’d want a full-face helmet too and I too would be choosing to do some XC miles to get there.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I saw somebody riding straight down the hill at the side of the firing ranges, a tumble down there would warrant the stormtrooper look even if it was just to protect against a roll in the gorse. He could have been on his way to the downhill trails and frozen ground and trees would make a full face and some armour a good idea.

DezB
    Free Member

Well said chiefgrooveguru.

Euro
    Free Member

Plus one chief.

If you’ve too much protection on for a particular bit of trail, are you meant to walk it? Take it off, hang it on the bars and roll down the hill? What is the protocol?

He looks suitably toasty, and under that full face helmet he’ll be wearing a smile for added warmth.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

There was an article in the freebie download magazine ‘Wide Open’ a couple of years ago… had some revealing photos of where these DH tracks *might* be.

Ace, that’s the first time I’ve seen that article. Before that trail was built myself and a mate cleared an already existing path that now sits just above it. The trail in the article has been built upon by at least 4 different groups of riders that I know about, including by myself and a few people from this forum that’ll remain nameless.

You do have to watch for discarded grenades and gruesome animal carcasses though.

grum
    Free Member

I pointed out that we’ll probably pass some idiot STWer types who’ll be saying “look at that mincer on an XC ride wearing a full-face, what a plonker, totally overbiked”.

I thought the same when going round Whinlatter in a full facer a couple of years ago – I was wearing it because my XC helmet was broken (going OTB on a jump landing in a gravity Enduro, so actually scoring quite a few gnar points 🙂 ).

robej
    Free Member

OK I’m cynical, but why would you just be wandering up there with a camera, and bump in to a Gnarr rider, take their picture (at least twice) on different parts of the hill, and then come and post the pics on a forum with your name splashed all over them?

Same part of the hill, and same track, the part in the sun is just closer to the camera. I asked the guy to ride down the track, got his email to send the pics later but obviously took it down wrongly, hence posted here.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Were you the mountainbiker I photographed on the snowy Pentlands today?’ is closed to new replies.