• This topic has 21 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by benz.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Well the colonoscopy was not worth worrying about
  • benz
    Free Member

Following on from yesterday’s Picolax discussion.

Went for colonoscopy earlier today. Apart for some mild discomfort at one bend it was a non event.

3 very small polyps removed so should reduce future risk.

What was great was the ability to fart long and loud in my room after the procedure. What joy!

However must be some Picolax hangover or my body needing to purge the water wash…

So….if any of you need one or get offered one it’s painless and easy.

funkmasterp

I’ve had one and it was pretty much the opposite of what you described. Then again, I had the camera malfunction half way in 🙁

Tom-B
    Free Member

Two things:

1. I’m already sniggering and nothing overly funny has been posted 🙂

2. I can’t read/hear the word colonoscopy without thinking of the Big Bang Theory!

funkmasterp

When you look up at the monitor and see your arse getting bigger and then..poof! It disappears. Priceless 😀

project
    Free Member

Embarrasing bodies ,wednesday, features a colonoscopy.

benz
    Free Member

Ho ho. I missed that bit. However weird seeing appendix around point the Dr entered lower part of small intestine. He said he has 97% success rate at getting to that point.

funkmasterp

Glad it went well for you. I was just unlucky, broken camera and then a blockage on second go 😥

benz
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that. Hope all ok now.

tpbiker
    Free Member

quite enjoyed mine…not quite as good as getting your ears syringed. I’d say 6.5 out of 10…

🙂

benz
    Free Member

So…..how long afterwards before things returned to normal in terms of loo visits?

funkmasterp

Never returned to normal, IBS, hence the reason for it. Resigned myself to the fact that I’m gonna go Elvis style 8)

JAG

Mine went OK and result was an ‘all clear’ so good.

However; I cannot say it was even mildly pleasant or enjoyable and I’d rather not have another one…..

…..Thanks any way 😯

Glad yours went ‘OK’

plop_pants
    Free Member

Much rather have a colonoscopy than a bronchoscopy. Thought I’d be clever
    and not have any sedation so I didn’t have to hang about after.
    NEVER have I retched so much in my life!

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Sedation wins, every time! I’ve had 4 colonoscopies, don’t remember any of them 😀

leffeboy

had a couple of bronchoscopies a few weeks ago. Had been told so many times that it would be horrible that in the end they were just fine if a little bizarre feeling something poking around inside you

project
    Free Member

Embarasing bodies is on tonight, not wednesday, 20.00 hrs on channel 4, featuring a colonoscopy, and all in the best possible taste.

totalshell

thought the toast was a bit dry and the tea milky but other than the fancy dress nothing to raise an eyebrow.

globalti
    Free Member

My cycling buddy is a gastroenterologist; he does around 55 endoscopies a day, either end. He says that the pain threshold varies from patient to patient, some find it really painful and some hardly notice it.

thepurist

Can’t be as bad as a pressure flow urodynamics test, where a nurse threads the eye of the needle (or little MrP) with what feels like a garden hose, and it goes in a long way… No wonder the poor chap was trying to hide… Must’ve been cold in the hospital that day too.

Then once they’ve pumped you full to bursting point with saline you get to try to empty it out with the hose still in there before they finally pull it out. Give me picolax any day!

wwaswas

I had the camera malfunction half way in

and they had to send a man in to fix it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@benz are you suggesting you were conscious “Apart for some mild discomfort at one bend it was a non event.”

I have had the pleasure of one of these but with a “general” – I have to say it was much less uncomfortable than the annual Prostate check 😯 I’m glad to now know there is a blood test alternative and more reliable

benz
    Free Member

Mild sedative which they could have topped up if required. Oh and some pethidine(?)

Watched the journey on the screen…..right round to the small intestine and back again. Interesting watching the polyps being removed. Small forceps, electrical burn one and then one being injected with saline to make it big enough to get with the removal tools.

That said I did feel ‘removed’ from reality….think the drugs worked pretty well 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Well the colonoscopy was not worth worrying about’ is closed to new replies.