Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Short travel FULL SUS XC bike – thoughts?
  • johnnystorm

Buy a Spearfish*

This medium Spearfish Frame/brand new shock/Forks/BB/Chainset will soon be up for sale. I’ve just got myself a new Large Spearfish frame I’m swapping the bits over onto. I might also have some wheels/seatpost spare if needed. Email me at j464ubh AT hotmail.com and I can email across some more pics & details if you’re interested.

*slightly biased opinion

emac65
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s just me,but I think the Spearfish is f’kin ugly…..

Buzzard
    Free Member

Aus, have dropped you a line about my flux

Marin
    Free Member

Another vote for an Anthem X. Good for XC on easier trails but also ridden it all over Wales the Lakes and some big descents in Southern Spain’s Sierra Nevada. Upgrade the wheels put some fat tyres on and pretty much have a go at anything on it.

matt1986
    Free Member

Look at a BMC 4stroke 29er I rode one the other week and its amazing really nippy and great in corners and on rock gardens it felt as comfortable as some long travel 26er over the rough stuff

dadster21
    Free Member

Have ridden a Yeti ASR SL for the last 6 years and have never looked back. Fab geometry, short travel and handles ace. Very light too – which is what you also want in an XC full sus bike. If you can get one of these frames and build it up then do it…….

stratman
    Free Member

Yet another for the Anthem. I lusted after a Flux, but too expensive. My wife wanted a full suss, and fancied the anthem. We test rode at the Giant Shop at Rutland water – you can hire them and they knock it off if you buy – and I loved the Anthem. I was coming off an Indian Fire Trail, so I wanted something light and fast. The Anthem just made me want to hammer everything. They had a last year’s (2011) X1 with full XT gear, so we finished up with matching bikes. Poor IFT now sits in the shed waiting for my son to be big enough to ride it.

I’d absolutely say ride one first if possible, an even lower cost way of experimenting

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Short travel FULL SUS XC bike – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.