Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Weldtite tubeless repair kit……
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

…anyone used one? LBS sold me one with some slime saying its much easier than throwing a tube in. Seems to good to be true.

andycs

Used mine for first time the other day. Hole in tyre about plugged and inflated easily. Bit dubious about it staying up, but carried on and still inflated. Not sure why you have slime with yours though?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry. Bought Slime to go tubeless for the first time. At the same time they suggested the repair kit instead of swapping a tube in.

allthepies
    Free Member

Great bit of kit, you can repair the tyre without taking it off the rim. Putting a tube in is messy as you have to take tyre off rim with its residual goop + have to check for thorns etc.

drofluf
    Free Member

Was really impressed with it we had four punctures the other evening and they were fixed in less time than it would have taken to put a tube in.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Glad i logged on and read this thread as all my bikes are UST tubeless and I hate wasting sealant unnecessarily….so just ordered myself a kit. 😉

spooky_b329

Pretty good experiences here…I tend to ride on for another minute or so to give the sealant a chance, then I jump off, get someone to plug the hole with their finger and get the kit out.

Can be on your way again within 5 minutes, often no need to pump the tyre up again.

Even when everything is covered in mud its a quick, easy and fairly clean task. The hardest bit is getting the strip into the eye of the tool, especially if you’ve bought extra strips off ebay.

Oh, and don’t try and plug a tubed tyre 🙂

Kahurangi

Yeah, they’re great.

superfli
    Free Member

Good but not permanent. I would patch on inside later. Mine have popped out a month or so later, but very good quick fix on trail.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Been using them for ages.Never bother patching,just leave the anchovy in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Weldtite tubeless repair kit……’ is closed to new replies.