Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Weight of your steel hardtail
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

Handjob 15.5″ 26lb all in.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Pipedream Sirius at a smidge under 27lbs.

jimthesaint

I haven’t weighed a bike since I gave up racing in my teens. Anyhow on the bathroom scales mine comes out at 28.1lbs.
    At first I thought bloody hell I could set up a full-susser that would weigh less, then I remembered that I’d have to maintain pivots and bushings and have another springy bit to tune and maintain as well. It might not be the lightest but at least there’s less to go wrong.

Anyhow after looking at the spec of rs’s Alpine I realise that it could be heavier as mine is a similar spec and 2.5lbs lighter.

It’s a NS Bikes Society frame, 2008 Manitou Minute IT with 20mm axle, mainly X9 spec with a Stylo chainset and XT discs and not a bit of carbon anywhere.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive a 456 and a five spot and oddly they both weigh in at 27.8 pounds.

edd

I’ve not weighed it but my Deluxe is probably about 28lbs with XT, Hope hubs and brakes, 2.35″ tyres, Vanilla fork.

alpin
    Free Member

14ish KG / 30ish lbs.
    Dialled Alpine 15.5/21 TT
    Lyrik
    dt swiss/sunringle summitoravvah (front)
    xt/ sunringle singletrack (back)
    slx/xt drivetrain
    slx brakes
    syncros ‘freeride’ headset, salsa clamp, thomson post, syntace vector stem/bars
    spoon ti
    wellgo mags

could be less (depending on build or scales) but going up is always going to be a shitter…. ‘it’s for the downs, silly’

shellac
    Free Member

Evil Sovereign

31 odd pounds, around thereabouts.

Long version, with Race Face Atlas cranks / e13 bash, x9 gears.

Brown fox36r, DT Swiss 61.d Rims (on the way out) Hope Bulbs.

Thomson other bits / Blackspire bars er…. Hope M4s.

Needs to lose a tad where its not needed, ie wheels I think! Any recommendations that aint gonna cost me huge cash????

I dont find too heavy though, it rips on the downs and you just slog it to the tops!

Northwind

Cotic Soul, 25.7lbs…

Nothing particularily out of the ordinary in the spec, Next SL seatpost, Truvativ Team stem and Noir Team bars are pretty light but the rest is just run of the mill, XT/717 wheels with 2.1 Nevegal/Blue Groove tyres, SLX triple crankset and XT 34T cassette, RS Revelation dual airs… Light enough to XC and tough enough to trail.

rs
    Free Member

Anyhow after looking at the spec of rs’s Alpine I realise that it could be heavier as mine is a similar spec and 2.5lbs lighter.

It’s a NS Bikes Society frame, 2008 Manitou Minute IT with 20mm axle, mainly X9 spec with a Stylo chainset and XT discs and not a bit of carbon anywhere.

Probably about right your frame and fork are probably both 1-1.5lb lighter than what i’m running.

iainc

Rock Lobster 853 with xt/thomson – 28lbs

Orange 5 with xt/thomson/hope – 28.5lbs

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Weight of your steel hardtail’ is closed to new replies.