Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Weekend Biking plans? – Weather looks a bit iffy.
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Intervals done, couple of PB’s nailed and in before “The Great Storm of March15” It’s blooming windy mind, so hacked down to the beach to find….

Nothing.

No one out at all, ponces the lot of them. In days gone by I’d’ve had my phone going off like a firecracker with messages of “where the hell are you it’s all going off here, gert yer self down here now!!!”

That kinda thing.

So I called one mate and asked, “You out? what yer rigged?” His answer was “nope can’t be bothered”

Mates hey.. 😆

ahsat

Bailed on an afternoon ride with legolamb with the threat of 50mph gusts (which seem to be playing out as I had to rescue the washing). Decided to head out for a short cross ride first thing whilst it was raining but less windy. Had the NE to myself – saw 2 dog walkers on the usual packed railway lines. It was great and combo of Gore and Rapha I was warm and dry. Could have kept going but the wind started to pick up and I spent one climb seemingly going backwards!

Forecast looks a bit better tomorrow so might drive up to Thrunton to shelter in the trees.

scotroutes

It stopped raining before I went out and started again when I got back. A bit breezy, but 40km round Rothiemurchus on a Saturday morning is an ok start to the weekend.

chambord
    Free Member

Well I did my parkrun but it was horrendous outside so warmed up and decided to stay in all day and drink stout.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, will be different.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

just finished the days DIY tasks, got ready to embrace the elements & a big black cloud came over. It’s been lashing down for the last hour.If the rain stops I’ll get a quick road ride done…

ahsat

It’s lovely and sunny here now but blowing a gale. Glad I rode in the rain instead.

razorrazoo

Not long back from Swinley, nice, dry and fast. Glad mrs R changed her shopping day to Sunday looking at the weather.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

200k Audax penciled in for tomorrow. 65 mile tail wind followed by a 65 mile head wind. 😈

chakaping
    Free Member

Right, finished work and I’m going out now.

Just need to find where I left that snorkel.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Rain stopped ! Cat returned home after being locked in someones shed for 2 days , little lad having sleep over tonight ,

fingers crossed Ladybower tomorrow

Klunk
    Free Member

3hrs singlespeeding really nice, quiet , pretty dry, mild but windy and the sun came out in the end 🙂 all and all a good day out.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Well the rain around here finally stopped so I got out for a quick 15 mile loop on my Halfords CX bike.It was blowing a gale! 😯 ,only saw two other roadies around here you usually see at least a dozen on a Saturday afternoon,not today!

coastkid
    Free Member

Rain blew away here in the 40 mph gales mid morning 😀
    we winched through the woods then returned home on deserted beaches we hardly had to pedal with the howling tailwind 🙂

pics here;
    Sandstorm Saturday coasting…

Cross bike on the Lammermuirs tomorrow will be a bit more of a workout!

mcnultycop

I had an 80km CX epic planned. I slept in until noon, and managed 20km.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Coastkid, your Dog looks tired 😆

(good blog)

cinnamon_girl

I went shopping. 8)

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Is it raining?

Is it raining FIRE? 😉

mrhoppy

Went to the go outdoors opening in Shrewsbury to see fatty Mear. Once the rain passed through got a couple of hours mud bashing in, interesting having the bike slide sideways in the gusts.

bland

That was minging! 90 miles soaked to the skin! Some grim faces on the Cheshire Cat sportive too, not a nice day at all!

padkinson
    Free Member

Raced the NPS at Sherwood. It was grim.
    I left the summer tyre on the rear thinking it’d be fine. I was very wrong.

Finished in a shit position and I’m still getting grit out of my eyes.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I went swimming thought may as well stay warm if I’m gonna get wet plus got to ogle some Milfs

durhambiker
    Free Member

Got nowt done this weekend, other than packing the road bike up to get on a plane to Malaga in about 4 hours. Sunny road rides for the next 10 days for me

fatboyjon

bland – Member

That was minging! 90 miles soaked to the skin! Some grim faces on the Cheshire Cat sportive too, not a nice day at all!

How come only 90 miles? Did you call it a day somewhere? I finished but it was a pretty unpleasant experience on the whole. 9 hours 42 I think for me, but only 8 hours and a minute riding time. Guess I spent rather too long in the cafes!

rocketman
    Free Member

Cannock was spectacular on Friday and even Sat afternoon despite the early morning rain

Spent Sun morning fixing a couple of things around the house, drinking tea, fitting a new tyre, bit of a walk in the afternoon then…

…ladies and gentlemen we have light evenings again 😀

toby1

I spent the weekend in the peaks – it was the sort of riding that took dedication and brake pads, lots of brake pads!

colournoise

toby1 – Member
    I spent the weekend in the peaks – it was the sort of riding that took dedication and brake pads, lots of brake pads!

Absolutely! Did Ladybower yesterday (cried off Long Mynd as the weather just looked too minging), and going back down Roman Road at the end of the ride in the hail with absolutely no front brake and the rear one working 50% at best was interesting. Just glad someone got to the gate at the bottom ahead of me to open it up!

Still a great day though.

jam-bo

British Summer Time?

jekkyl

lol, you’re beautiful jam bo. It makes the sunny warm rides all the sweeter.

chambord
    Free Member

Well I DID get out on the bike in the end. Rode to Marple and back in the pouring rain. Stopped at the lakes for reasonably priced coffee and flapjack, to escape the weather for 5 mins and check out the cormorants 🙂

65km all in which is pretty good going for me.

ton

spent 2 very wet windy days touring in the Yorkshire dales.
    ribblehead to Kirkby Stephen, via dent and sedbergh on Saturday, then mallerstang to hawes and newby head on sunday.
    the good lady was not best pleased.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rode Cwmcarn on my own, almost literally the car park was nearly empty – weather was appalling, rain is rain, if you don’t ride in rain in Wales you’ll ride about 3 times a year – it was the wind, every corner meant a new force to work against and jumping was a leap of faith – great fun!

ratadog

Rode in the first event of the local MTBO league on Saturday. Luckily the start/finish was at the downwind edge of the map so return to base was fast and easy. Fell off in the mud when the front wheel got blown out from under me and had to get off and walk twice when unable to make progress while trying to pedal downhill.

On the plus side, avoided any punctures through judicious and premeditated use of Slime and wasn’t the lowest score by any means.

brassneck

16 mile point to point run. Luckily the wind was in the main a tail wind 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Tried the 200km LVIS audax. Managed about half before packing it in – there was no way I was going to manage the headwind over that distance.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gotta a Strava KOM yesterday and today…

I rock.. 8)

It’ll be gone by the weekend no doubt, but hey 😆

chakaping
    Free Member

I got a 5th on a segment this morning, looked at the KOM and it was set yesterday (when it was even more windy).

I was fourth on that segment last year – sometimes I feel like I’m running just to stand still.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t normally chase them but this particular one is just down the road from me on the NCN2 and I always use that route to get to the beach, thing is I D/L’d a route form Strava that someone had done and of course it shows up the segments..

Be rude not to have a crack at it wouldn’t it.. 😀

Just a bit of fun in the end.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

The U.K. had poopy weather.

Just accept it or move lol.

I want to move…

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Biking plans? – Weather looks a bit iffy.’ is closed to new replies.