Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Weekend Biking plans? – Weather looks a bit iffy.
  • jekkyl

I’m heading out over Mow Cop, staffs tonight and I had planned to go to Cannock at the crack of dawn tomorrow but the forecast says double raindrop so may have to waterproof up and bear it.

What cycling plans have you got lined up for the weekend?

core

Hopton tomorrow I hope, if not then a local road/woods ride 😀

chrism110
    Free Member

bpw tomorrow and cwmcarn sunday, just checked the weather it looks wet!

Marin
    Free Member

Am I meeting you at your house at stupid o’clock tomorrow Chris?

mrhoppy

Tracks up the head of the Ceriog valley once the rains pushed through on Saturday. Aiming for more natural and less trail centres this year.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ever since they closed it I’ve been dying to ride to the freeride thing at Cwmcarn – I’ve decided that as its not actually closed, merely access to it blocked due them needing to stockpile logs on the fire road I’ll ride up the road (as per diversion) and carefully push back up the trail – hopefully avoiding arrest and injury as I go.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mid wales for 6 days on saturday.. only got room for one bike… Tripster or Covert?

lucky7500

Vallelujha enduro at Selkirk on Saturday and Sunday for me 🙂

martinhutch

Rain looks to be clearing by lunch tomorrow. 20mph+ winds though. Less of a rain issue in the North York Moors, so might head over there – can anyone point me to a decent 20 mile or so route in the Hambletonny area or tell me not to bother?

chambord
    Free Member

parkrun @9am tomorrow then the missus is on a hen do all weekend so I’M RIDING NON STOP WAHOOO

maxtorque

10yo kiddy party on Sat followed by evening in Pub “recovering”. Might pedal on Sunday if it’s not raining.

Spent this arvo doing jumps practice (i need it!) so already feeling a bit knackered…….

Northwind

Tweedlove enduro tomorrow. Looks like it may be a little blowy

dannyh
    Free Member

Long Mynd on Sunday 😯

Not much shelter up the top……..

eltonerino
    Free Member

Castlewellan enduro for me. Can’t wait.
    Although Childerino is going through a difficult stage and Babyrino is teething just now, so I feel extra guilty about taking the weekend off to piss about in a forest on my bike.

Bregante

Did my weekend ride this morning in glorious sunshine 😀 . If I get a dry couple of hours I’ll try to get out on the road bike on Sunday.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I’ll be taking shelter on the bridalways of grizedale in the lakes 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Hopefully get out sunday morning at cwmcarn if I can finish building the G 150 tonight/tomorrow

jonba
    Free Member

Was going to head out on a big road ride up on the Otterburn Ranges. A desire not to die has meant I’ll now be staying local and hiding in the trees on my mountain bike.

iainc

Just in from 2hrs dusty trails at Cathkin. It can rain now 😀

Picking up new Anthem SX in morn, so some fettling in the garage will suit me fine !

scotroutes

5C forecast for 9am tomorrow but feeling like -5C in the wind. I reckon that’ll be a quick spin in the forest for 2/3 hours.

Sunday is looking colder still but less windy. Any biking action will depend on snow conditions on the mountain.

bikebouy
    Free Member

More intervals..

Cap on, Clip in.

bm0p700f
    Free Member

xc race on sunday in sherwood pines should be a windy mudfest horrow show.

Iffy does not describe the weather it will be nasty but that means i have to ride. ill be out at 6:30 am tomorrow for my usual spin.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Im gonna head over the wyre in the morning no matter the weather, havent been in a while so time to see how its panning out.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Night ride with my 2 lads last night, bike n bivi tonight with the youngest.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Looking like it’s going to be a tad biblical here. Forecast says chucking down all day, 22mph wind gusting to 36mph.

Grim

colournoise

dannyh – Member
    Long Mynd on Sunday

Us too… Looks like it could be interesting.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Had fog down here early on, still looking overcast on the coast.. Have to get out before the heavy rain set in after lunch..

Warm though 😀

kimbers

Missed out on rd 1 of the PORC dh season this Sunday 🙁

So maybe cwmcarn if its not too wet, but probably just keep it local, surrey hills or swinley

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Staying inside and battling with tubeless tyres

jekkyl

Ditched going to Cannock to lie in bed, currently waiting for wife & child to leave for a kids party so that my sleeping may resume! Chucking it down outside.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Staying inside and battling with tubeless tyres

creamegg
    Free Member

Thats a 10 minute job

chakaping
    Free Member

Just gonna get an hour or two on my road bike after lunch today when it’s supposed to stop peeing it down for a bit.

Did get four lovely sunny rides in the last five days though, so I’m not complaining.

🙂

skydragon
    Free Member

Pedalling some dry and dusty trails in Southern Spain with Ciclo Montana….think the weather is about 20degC and sunny 😉

spacey

Pretty smug that I went out yesterday afternoon/evening in the sunshine. Now I’m drinking tea and smiling at the rain drops!

binners

I’ve forsaken riding today in favour of building an ark.

SAVE YOURSELVES!!!

acjim
    Free Member

Riding some of the LVIS ball buster tomorrow with some mates, I wonder what kind of echelons we can make (and not end up in a hedge)…

stevedoc
    Free Member

All bike plans canceled due to cars floating down the cul de sac and trees standing sideways ,on a side note I’ve still be up since 7am with the kids hunting our missing ragdoll cat that buggered off Thursday dinner

bland

Chirk 200 audax tomorrow, can’t wait! With a friend from Kuwait too who is going to suffer big style as rides there are normally cancelled at the hint of rain!

Jekyll, you still riding unsocial hours? Fancy a blast sometime? Never did get round to it!

Duggan

Spent all Winter running and so went for my first bike ride of the year today on the road bike around the flat cheshire lanes…I was f***ed after 20mins and then got utterly drenched for the remaining 2 hours.

Being as I went for a ride one day before the clocks go forward I can tell everybody I’ve been ‘riding through winter’…right?!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Weekend Biking plans? – Weather looks a bit iffy.’ is closed to new replies.