Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Wednesday night this week for Pentlandiadom?
  • AntM
    Free Member

I'm coming, but not sure i'll make 6 at shop, i'll try and catch up with on WoL path

cheers

Ant

Northwind

Good ride folks! Sorry for vanishing at the end, I was so annoyed at my rickety plank bridge being knocked down, and so surprised to find the plank on the shore half a mile away, I had to go back and put it up again :mrgreen:

ojom
    Free Member

Ahh so you were Northwind… nice to meet you at last. We did the whole 'real name' thing at Harlaw – should have got the code names instead.

Great ride people. I am pleasantly tired and looking forward to next week. Might see if we can get an away game somewhere…

Top puncture FAIL goes to Mustard. He knows what he did.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Great spin guys – thanks Mark for the organisation. I missed the "real name" bit – away looking for the remains of a bridge 🙂

Big vote here for an "away game" and if it goes ahead I can provide some transport.

AntM
    Free Member

top ride out lads! Just hope Tom's missus doesn't kill him when he got back!

stanfree
    Free Member

Missed it tonight but vow to finally do a bikechain wednesday night Pentland ride. Heading up the Pentlands tommorow morning though. Just out of interest what was your route as maybe going to try heading out the Nine mile burn trail for the first time and looking to do something other than my normal route.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Quality outing chaps.

Feel like an empty tracksuit!

Defo keen for an away game… nae wheels this end tho… 🙄

Hopefully see you all again soon.

Thomo.

ojom
    Free Member

Lol at empty traksuit.

Nice bowl of cornflakes, half a soreen with EU butter mountain and a brew make the feeling go away. Oh and an ibuprofen chaser too.

Kit
    Free Member

How the hell did you lot get home without lights?! it was getting dusky on my way back (and I didn't find my battery at the top of Harbour Hill…).

What a turnout, and did anyone get the numbers of those lovely ladies? 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Excellent. Fabby to see the Pentlands so dry and dusty. I missed the chat about the plank bridge though……

The Uglipla could handle a few riders and bikes – especially if I fit the towbar on too.

ojom
    Free Member

We passed them your number Kit. They didn't want any of ours-just yours.

How do you do it?

Thomohawk
    Free Member

I swear poet's is easier in the dark! 😉

robgarrioch

I didn't find my battery at the top of Harbour Hill

I go over the top of H Hill 1 – 2 times a week Kit – will keep eyes open; is it a big, strap-on type that you lost? 😉

ChrisL

I missed the chat about the plank bridge though.

Northwind's plank bridge was on the wikkid awsum (and rad to the max) bit around Harlaw that you refused to ride…

Good ride, though I must work out how to fit my old Lumi light's battery pack onto the Anthem frame. 🙂 I'm glad I had my Joystick with me too.

Kit
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member

How do you do it?

robgarrioch – Member

…is it a big, strap-on type that you lost?

Rob knows my secret 😉

himupstairs

crikey. how many of you were there last night?
    i was in the bonaly car park with a couple of folk and was a bit frightened by the enormous gang that came up the hill..
    also, what route did y'all take?

AlasdairMc

15 all in. We rode the fort singletrack at Clubbiedean, up Maiden's, along past Loganlea and down Black Hill. Very relaxed route, was good in such a big group.

mustard
    Free Member

😳

ojom
    Free Member

😳

Aye – and so you should feel embarrassed n'aw! (nice skills btw! heh)

So who might be up for some Glentress or something wednesday nightage next week?

mustard
    Free Member

I'm up for it, but it will be another best endeavor. Work starts to get a bit hectic at this time of year.

That's if I can get my bike to stop falling apart, and maybe sort those skillzzz! 😆

Resin42
    Free Member

Had a great night last night, cheers for showing a lone Weegie around your playground, met some top folk too.

Y'all tore me a new one on the climbs mind you. I was like a burst couch when I got back to the g/f's. At least I kept pace on the downs so I don't feel too bad. 🙂

I'll make an effort to do it again sometime in the future. Might be up for the GT thing.

jimmy

Sounds like I missed a gem 🙁

I'm up for some GT-age next week. OR DumYat hill. In sunset… oooo suit you sir.

Have motor-wheels for me +2. Also have a fresh new steering rack, so all contributions towards my fit-to-burst credit card gladly accepted for a lift…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I had to work last night 🙁 so missed out.

Be up for a spin next week but I don't have a car

AntM
    Free Member

I've got a set of wheels so i could go +1 or if I have Mrs AntM's wheels could do +3. I'll see if i'm allowed out to play next wed' night. GT or Gypsy Glen would be good.

robgarrioch

Glentress or something

That'd be cool; if I can go, I'll confirm early next week.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Next week sounds good to me! I can carry 2 others (bikes on the roof carriers). Mark – I'm happy to help with organisation if that helps?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I wouldn't get to GT until about quarter to eight on a wed, might be able to get down a bit quicker on a Tues or Thurs if I ask her indoors nicely. No time restraints on a Mon night. I can offer a guided ride round Midlothian on a Wed night, same level of responsibility as that offered by Mark last night, sweet FA 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think Druidh shouted out an invite to his next time as he sped away. Something about a beer for all of us?

rickmeister

Did you see us? Party of 4, with a dog on a lead… ? Great evening for a ride though…

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday night this week for Pentlandiadom?’ is closed to new replies.