Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Way of the roses accommodation
  • sandwicheater

Morning

I’m thinking of doing the above C2C route over three days with Mrs Sandwicheater.

Do any of you have recommendations for accommodation along the way? Would say middle/cheap end of the spectrum such as B&B’s or Hostels.

I’ve no structure/plan other than 3 days riding.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

We are doing it this weekend and are booked into Malham and York youth hostels.

sandwicheater

They would seem good distances for Mrs Sandwicheater. Cheers

nosemineb
    Free Member

My good friend Dave Jelley has a b and b in studley village near Ripon and also runs jelleylegs for guided dales running. He also happens to be a physiotherapist so if your broken he can fix you and send you on your way!
    Jelleylegs
    He is always busy with the w o t r traffic and its not suprising. Lovely house and location and can even camp in his garden if your doing it cheap. Top bloke.
    Look at his site above and tell him Ben from the running club sent you!

seadog99
    Free Member

Can definately recommend the Youth hostel in York, did it last month with 14 of us. The Foresters Arms in Grassington was also a nice place to stay which splits the two biggest climbs up so you end up doing 48/62/60 miles. At morecambe we stayed at Lothersdale Hotel which is right on the front, cheap and cheerful, a bit tired but clean.

Have fun, we had a ball !

Jas

sandwicheater

Climbs! Presumed if went West to East it would be down hill,drat! 😆
    Cheers chaps

unklehomered
    Free Member

Unofficial advice from Pateley end, we do not have cheap accom, though Bewerley Hall Farm’s not bad, shame as we are the logical stop for those wanting to do it in two days. You’ll get good value around grassington i would have thought.

Please when descending down to PB don’t bomb down, when they warn about 1 in 6 and tight turns they really mean it and we have lost people off the edge of those corners… resist the urge to let go! Also quarry lorries have **** the road surface so emergency braking not as effective as it could be.

Then pop in to the TIC for a voucher for free coffee and energy bars if you detour via stif 😀

drain

Malham and York is where I’ve stopped on both occasions when doing it – good breakpoints on the distance.

Second the advice re the descent down to Pateley Bridge, especially if with extra weight of panniers and on rim brakes – it’s steep!

Enjoy the ride, it’s lovely.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Way of the roses accommodation’ is closed to new replies.