Home Forums Bike Forum Waterproof suits?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Waterproof suits?
  • fairhurst
    Free Member

Well this weather has certainly taken its toll on my Altura apparel :?

Can you purchase all in one waterproof suits(preferably with a reflective system)for this weather system we now have acquired?

thank you.

TheBrick
    Free Member

no such thing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You can (motorcyle suits) however they tend to be a bit “boil in the bag” I have used one and even with the front partly open and air circulating thru it and ensuring I was not overheating it did get a bit sweaty

mattsccm
    Free Member

Yes there is. Try almost any motorcycle shop. Or any decnt caving shop although the reflective bit isn’t as fashionable underground.
    Some military surplus shops sell Goretex dry suits. Sailors use them as do farmers.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Sorry. No such thing for cycling. If you use a water proof suit made for another application you will be wet from sweat.

Northwind

3/4 length Altura Attack shorts cinched up tight at the knee, and a decent breathable waterproof jacket, is about as close as I’ve got- still keeps some heat/sweat release but keeps the core dry.

fairhurst
    Free Member

i think the waterproof motorbike suits sound suitable and practical for its intended use in this god forsaken weather!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fairhhurts – don’t spend too much – you may well find it not suitable Mske sure yo are cold inside of it to reduce sweating.

I have ridden in one a fair amount and it can work but only if you can control sweating and get some airflow

pussywillow
    Free Member

fairhurst – Member
    i think the waterproof motorbike suits sound suitable and practical for its intended use in this god forsaken weather!
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Yeh, if u wanna look like a twa t! :lol:

postridecake
    Free Member

I just ride in extra tight speedos and cover myself head to toe in goose fat,works a treat and repels the rain no end!!! Job done and money saved !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof suits?’ is closed to new replies.