Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Please recommend some waterproof spd shoes …… with flat vibram style sole.
  • averagejoe106
    Free Member

Do such a thing exist??

I know Giro have done the Alpineduro boots but I’d rather have a shoe really. Brasher walking boots (or giro brasher lookalikes) have never been a good look with shorts or 3/4’ers.

edit: Just seen some Vaude Kimon TR’s…. anything else?

Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Am45?

scotroutes

Not sure what you mean by Vibram-style. Do you just want a treaded sole instead of smooth rubber? The New Vaude Green Shape shoes/boots have some vibram tread fore and aft for walking grip

http://www.vaude.com/en-NL/VAUDE-Bike-Shoe-in-Green-Shape/

The Mid boot (lower pic) has a Sympatex lining.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

I have some Cube all mountain shoes and they’re great!

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Shimano MT71. £90 or thereabouts. Waterproof. SPD and flat Vibram sole. Ive had a pair of these for touring and winter commuting for 6 or 7 years. Bit heavy and not brilliant for walking but I like em. There’s also the XM7 which look like an upgrade for an other £20 or so.

scotroutes

Northwave Explorer GTX?

averagejoe106
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys.

What I meant was I don’t want a old skool winter spd shoes / boot with stiff plastic style sole (eg specialized defroster etc etc) because I do lots of hike-a-bike riding so need to be supple and grippy on the sole unit, like a vibram rubber sole, but I haven’t been able to find an SPD, waterproof, rubber soled shoe.

Shimano AM 45 are a possibility but not much grip for when its muddy when sessioning in woods.

Vaude Green Shape look nice but I need SPD (and need waterproof).

Cube all mountain do look a great shoe, but their not waterproof and are vented so are summer shoes.

Shimano MT71 are an option I suppose, but look like abit of a touring type shoe – but not dismissing them.

Northwave explorer gtx – another possible option I suppose thanks for that. Look quite trainer’esk and lightweight but an option.

What doesn’t anyone make a all mountion type shoe that’s waterproof!!?? Specialized 2Fo clip goretex???? Cube all mountain gtx?? something like that.

Someone could clean up making a winter shoe like that, complete gap in the market I reckon.

Any more ideas?
    Cheers

scotroutes

Or Northwave Gran Canion GTX if you prefer a boot style

I assume you’ve already dismissed the Shimano MT91 for some reason? The Gran Canions are certainly lighter.

ton

giro do some. spd with vibram soles. terraduro and the rumble mosels.

scotroutes

Mavic Crossmax XL Pro H2O

That has a Salomon Contagrip sole

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Lake did them yonks ago. Worth a look…?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend some waterproof spd shoes …… with flat vibram style sole.’ is closed to new replies.