Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Waterproof jackets, reccomenations please
  • snakebite
    Free Member

Lightweight, waterproof and easily carried in yer camelbak!

anonymouse
    Free Member

Finisterre Anabatic.

speed12
    Free Member

Rab Demand I would say. Lightweight (280g), very breathable (eVent fabric) and very packable (it actually comes with a wee stuffsack, so is designed to be mushed into a bag). Works great on and off bike. Properly good jacket and can be had for around £100 if you shop around a bit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    speed12
    Free Member

Oh, the Demand is a pull-on rather than a full-ziup jacket, but that is why it is so light for the material/design. It’s worth the minor extra bit of faff if you are looking for lightweight, breathable and packable IMO.

iDave
    Free Member

£30 off anabatics today – the hood will fit over a helmet

http://www.finisterre.com

scruff
    Free Member

40mpg

Pace 3×3 Jacket

The Pace jacket is good, eVent fabric, very basic (no unnecsaary pockets, hoods etc which is a tick in my box) and fairly understated in grey with minimal reflective stuff (fed up of getting dazzled by everyone’s NightVision jackets when night riding).

Packs down small, is light & comfy, and about £100 direct from Pace

iDave
    Free Member

is that salmon pink or old fiesta red?

scruff
    Free Member

Chubby Cheek Rose.

Del

i’d go for the pace, or the dhb from wiggle, both in eVent, or if it’s your size ( and still available ), someone was flogging a large gill eVent jacket on the classifieds the other day. i have one ( it’s the predecessor to the dhb one ). good fit, imo, works well, and packs down pretty small.

imn

I spotted a Bontrager eVent jacket, which doesn’t have a hood and is around £140. Anyone tried it?

nickswolves
    Free Member

Bought an Endura Laser II jacket for £40 recently, lovely jacket, packs down in into its rear pocket and fits in my camelbak mule just nice!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

scruff – I WANT ONE! What make is that?

yunki
    Free Member

I insisted on buying a gore-tex paclite despite plenty of advice to the contrary on here..

It’s too hot for anything but winter riding really.. so err.. one to avoid

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

eVent has significant durability issues imo. I’ve had two event jackets and they both suffered from wear and water coming in the shoulders from bag strap abrasion and also the sides of the sleeves from scuffing bushes and trees.

SD-253
    Free Member

I have given up on cycle jackets just use one of my walking jackets with a tea shirt underneath they just don’t seem to have the durabilty always seem to leek much to early and for cycling home after a few beers they are useless

singletrackmind

Montane Velo featherlight . £40 at some online reatilers . 140 gms and the size of a Orange in your pack.
    Not got one but off to sunny Gosport tomoz to try for size , having got cold and wet and had a sense of humour failure yesturday .

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve got a Pace 3×3 jacket which is fine off-road, but grey is not a good colour on a dark wet day in traffic, so I had to buy a Montane ‘something-or-other’ hi-viz which packs into a small ball for that …. I’ve been hit too many times by cars who’s drivers didn’t ‘see me’.

Unfortunately the Montane hi-viz of course shows up the slightest grease/oil mark, which stay in permanently ingrained (anyone know how to remove them ?) which obviously isn’t a problem with the grey Pace.

djflexure

I found this to be a more packable option than gortex or event.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-xenon-active-shell-windstopper-jacket-aw10/

Plus extra 10 quid off at present

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof jackets, reccomenations please’ is closed to new replies.