Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • waterproof 3/4 shorts.
  • grim168
    Free Member

Altura attack or endura mt500 ? opinions please.

jam-bo

Cheapo cut off army goretex.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

First ride wearing mt500 “splashback” shorts on a fast, splashy Ashton Court ride today. 4 laps plus some off-piste and my padded-liner/butt stayed comfy.

The have a light fabric feel, usable pockets and that waterproof panel on the bum, but the rest is non-waterproof and breathes nice for days when it’s not actually raining much.

They are not really 3/4 length over the knee, though. In winter I tend to wear soft knee pads to keep my knees cosy and safe.

Tomorrow morning’s ride will take me through some serious wet and I’ll report-back how the shorts cope.

sambob
    Free Member

Endura Superlite are good too, as an alternative.
    EDIT: admittedly not 3/4 but long for normal shorts, mine sit at my knees and I’ve got long legs.

Northwind

I can’t compare with anything else but I like my Attacks. I don’t wear the 3/4s much, just don’t like 3/4s it turns out but the shorts have been fab. I’ve worn out one set after 2 years including some hefty crashes, happy with that so just bought another. They’re slightly noisy though.

Oh- in theory they should be given special washing attention, I just fling them in the machine and they still work fine. Shorts you can’t wash normally are a bad idea IMO.

(though to be fair, maybe they’d be better still if I treated them like they’re supposed to be)

Simon

I would have said Endura Superlite until today.
    Riding round Dalby a small hole appeared in the front of the shorts, this rapidly became a very large hole. Not impressed 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

How old are they?

Simon

EDIT. Got them last January, so 11 months old.

grim168
    Free Member

Was leaning towards endura. Singletracks are quite short on me so 3/4 should be fine. Just a bit bothered about them dragging on my knee pads.

twotonpredator

I have some altura attacks. I have found these to be much better than the endura superlites they replaced regards durability.

The superlites were replaced under warranty because the waterproof membrane wears through in record time through friction. The shop I bought the Attack’s from said they have had lots of complaints about the superlites with the same problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘waterproof 3/4 shorts.’ is closed to new replies.