• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by core.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Wasting a good day for riding
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Lovely day down here, but I had to sort out the brakes on my Salsa. Replaced the hoses and new pads. I only get a few hours each weekend, sometimes that needs to be maintenance.

Still, the thing about nice days is that there are always more coming, eventually.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It’s all black, blue and beautiful from where I’m peering. Currently stuck up a ladder with a sporting hernia, wearing a fetching hooded SWFC onesie with large glasses while attempting cleaning smoke damage off the stupidly-high up bog ceiling and walls. Blue onesie – ridiculous. Beautiful blue sky – redundant. Beautiful ‘new’ blue bike – 6 months redundant. Black mood – in full swing 👿

(Edit) And this coffee has clouds of undiluted soya milk clumps floating in it.

I’m through.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mostly procrastination that’s wasted my day.

Might go for an evening ride and stop off at a chip shop as a treat.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never waste a day.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Spent yesterday drowning on the bike – today looking at blue skies and putting up Ikea thing number 298.

Out tomorrow, I suspect a plague of frogs will fall

Bregante

Going off the little local trail run I did yesterday it’s horribly wet and muddy out there anyway. Just as well as I’m on childcare duties all weekend.

scaredypants

I’ve just been out on an actual bike after weeks of only turboing

Frozen to the bloody bone; saw the blue sky and opted for a too-thin top 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

First sunny ride of the year this morning. Cold, bright and sunny. Breeze in your face and sun on your back. Smell of weed drifting out of passing cars. Almost summer like.

soundninjauk

Had the chance for a long ride today but sacked it off as the forecast was looking rubbish and I thought it prudent not to disappear off for the entire day when I’m already planning on leaving the other half alone several times already this month for biking related things (including the London Bike Show). Still, I’ll get in a few laps of Richmond Park tomorrow morning so it’s not all bad.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I have the perfect solution for anyone based round Manc/Sheffield.
    Kinder Plateau Night Rode

bob_summers

Wet day here in San Sebastian but was looking forward to a ride after two weeks off with a trapped nerve. Went to bed feeling lousy last night and woke up with full on fever and aching joints.Rubbish.

bearnecessities

I’m recording myself, interviewing myself.

Then playing it back.

Then re-recording.

Then playing it back.

Then re-

..you get the idea.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The day I had a pair of pollocks tattooed on my shoulder was a wasted day as it turns out.

MrOvershoot

Suffering with Man Flu so my first proper ride of the year didn’t happen 🙁

TBH walking into town had me puffed out so probably wise.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Hangover and a flat gutting for woodworm treatmemt for me.

😥

slowoldman

Recovering from shoulder op. Had a short flat ride on the pub bike yesterday and shoulder was aching and sore all night. Grr.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just did an easy stint on the turbo myself as I’ve got a 10K race tomorrow so don’t want to tire myself out.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

We had a mini pet drama late morning and then I fatally started faffing with the bike (fitting extra wide Beavertail XL rear guard, tweaking saddle tilt when failed horribly when I tested it outdoors; moved a headset spacer above the stem etc.).

Is it just me that finds non-essential bike tweaking, shortly before you intend to go out, to be a really bad idea?

I finally got out mid afternoon to continue my quest to get outdoors and regain fitness, lovely dry sunny afternoon. Decided to ride very local, legs didn’t feel that strong today, but I came back ~75mins later to find I’d done my longest ride in years and a few PBs… It’s a funny old game! 😆

sirromj

Wouldn’t know if it was a good day for riding as haven’t been outside. Avoided watching rugby with oh’s family on pretence of bike maintenance. Played some computer games instead. Currently playing make-pretty-pictures with fractals.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ve been prepping a couple of rooms for decorating later this week.
    I was going to get out on the bike this morning but it was frosty & I’ve had enough bad experiences on black ice in the past to tempt fate..
    Back in work tomorrow, but I’m only in for 4 days so here’s hoping for some good weather next week.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Will be drinking heavily and eating pizza until march or so. I won’t be riding my bike till then, too wet and cold. It’s meant be be fun, sloshing around in the wet isn’t my idea of fun.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Had a lovely 16 mile solitary East Lancashire Pennine pootle, a day well spent 😀 now on curry making duty.

andeh

Dodgy KFC last night left me puking my guts up this morning 😳 no ride today

hammyuk
    Free Member

NEBOSh revision, mock exams, revision, etc

SaxonRider

You’re very optimistic, molgrips. Sorry I couldn’t join you today, but I had to celebrate the mudfest that was Conkwell Wood.

Quick road ride tomorrow?

molgrips
    Free Member

Never waste a day.

Wasn’t wasted really. Brakes needed sorting.

Quick road ride tomorrow?

Sadly have a family engagement tomorrow all day. Here all week though so could do an evening ride.

bearnecessities

..then playing it back

Then re-recording…

ENOUGH!

*goes to fridge, grabs beer, goes to cupboard, grabs multi-pack of kettle crisps*

Ahhhhhh..

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Had a ten mile run early doors so didn’t have the legs left for a ride so took the Alfa out for a drive instead. A month’s worth of salt on the road washed away by two days’ rain, and a clear blue sky over and around the South Downs. Perfick!

(in 60 miles or so I only saw one cyclist…)

crashrash

morning of lovely sun and blue skues – me faffing in Tescos and shopping but got back and went out local despite the building cloud. Half way round heavens opened and I was testing my waterproof fleece. Great motivation for getting home as fast as poss – so beat a long standing KOM on Strava on a local downhill section despite the puddles mud and rain 😀

MrOvershoot

hammyuk – Member

NEBOSh revision, mock exams, revision, etc

You have my sympathy did that 15 years ago the Law paper is the killer.

br
    Free Member

Off piste at Glentress, top hairy fun.

But why not get up earlier, fix your brakes and then ride?

Wookster

(in 60 miles or so I only saw one cyclist…)

Typical Sunday Driver no awareness of their surroundings…. 😉 😆

Sounds glorious though so I’m only jealous! 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

BPW was pretty lovey today, 4c-ish but no wind so didn’t feel it – was much colder hosing my bike when I got home, bit sloppy under tyre.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’m going for a ride tomorrow instead

core

I had plans for a decent ride early this morning, decided against it yesterday, thought I’d do a big local loop on the 29er a bit later instead.

Had my motor club dinner last night, had 4 or 5 pints with the meal/after, felt like crap this morning. By midday all I’d managed to do was light the fire, vacuum the house downstairs and make some porridge.

Looked at the bikes in the shed, got both out, full sus has a horrendously noisy and basically inoperable rear brake, plus my 1×10 shifting is way off now it’s worn in…. Hardtail has the same brake problem on the front, sanded pads, cleaned rotor, tried to bed pads back in, no change, forks are also in dire need of a service and feel like utter crap. So they both went back in the shed.

In the end I went and put a new indicator and the headlight back in my 205 after a slight altercation with a wall the other week, then had a walk with a couple of mates with my air rifle. Shot nothing but lifted my mood.

Now contemplating just having one very well maintained, high spec bike, I hate having loads of stuff but none of it up together.

SaxonRider

Molgrips, I plan on getting out as many nights this week as possible if you want to join me at any point.

That’s road; not mountain… although I could possibly be convinced to dig the old Ay-Ups out.

core

Was light until about half 5 here tonight, that’s a bonus! Evening rides are back.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Wasting a good day for riding’ is closed to new replies.